Watch yall think

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattjm1017

Feeling the Heat
Oct 23, 2012
Corapeake NC
Ive been getting wood delivered from a guy locally and I finally got around to calculating how much he actually is giving me. It ends up being about .75 cord and hes selling it to me delivered and stacked for $130. The question is do ya think that's a pretty good deal. Im feeling like its not bad the only problem is that all the wood is pretty much no good for now its all green and recently split but Im looking at stocking up for next burn season with his beech and maple. Im just curious what yall think about his pricing.

sounds like market price for around here. Don't know the pricing by you.

That works out to be just under $175/cord. That's about the going rate for green wood around here in the rural northeast, but dumped in a pile. If they're stacking it to, it sounds like a good deal. You could look around your local craigslist to get an idea of what others charge.

That wood should be pretty decent by next season.

FWIW down here in GA I sell for 150/cord with an extra charge for stacking

Ive been getting wood delivered from a guy locally and I finally got around to calculating how much he actually is giving me. It ends up being about .75 cord and hes selling it to me delivered and stacked for $130. The question is do ya think that's a pretty good deal. Im feeling like its not bad the only problem is that all the wood is pretty much no good for now its all green and recently split but Im looking at stocking up for next burn season with his beech and maple. Im just curious what yall think about his pricing.
Up here in Northern NY that would cost you about $100.00 dollars, not stacked.

Thanks yall I think I'll stick with this guy I told him yesterday that I wanted a "cord" a month delivered to me for at least the next 6 months.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Status
Not open for further replies.