water softener recomendations ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodsmaster

Minister of Fire
Jan 25, 2010
N.W. Ohio
My 5 year old whirlpool softener broke and i'm trying to decide what to get. the whirlpooi was OK but I want to get a good one this time. What do you all recomend ?

The kinetico is a nice system. No electricity required and it comes with 2 tanks. Basically, it uses 1 tank at a time. When that tank needs to be cleaned, it switches over to the other tank and uses soft water to clean the other tank. Then is uses that tank until it needs to be cleaned. I really like my unit. It seems to be well built and problem free. I bought the house with the unit already installed and I have been here for 9.5 years. Only thing I have had to do is fill up the salt. Can be pricey, but sure is nice to not have to worry about plugging it in.

Hmmm - sounds like magnets on the fuel line of a car...

wannabegreener said:
The kinetico is a nice system. No electricity required and it comes with 2 tanks. Basically, it uses 1 tank at a time. When that tank needs to be cleaned, it switches over to the other tank and uses soft water to clean the other tank. Then is uses that tank until it needs to be cleaned. I really like my unit. It seems to be well built and problem free. I bought the house with the unit already installed and I have been here for 9.5 years. Only thing I have had to do is fill up the salt. Can be pricey, but sure is nice to not have to worry about plugging it in.

Think I'll have them give me a quote sounds like a good system. On my old one I had to reset the time when the power went out, kinda a pain. We also draw water at all houres. My wife is a second shift night owl and I'm up before the roosters, so there is no good time to recharge for a one tank system. Thanks for the advise.

Status
Not open for further replies.