water spots?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Grove St.

Jan 5, 2013
Portage, WI
Long time listener, first time caller.....

My wife momentarily put some damp clothes on top of our hot Harman P43 to warm them up. Why, I don't know. The water may have still been a bit soapy. Almost immediately there were some faint white spots on the sides of the stove. After turning off the stove and letting it cool it took a significant amount of scrubbing with a clean wet rag to see any improvement. So far I have about a 90% improvement but some of the spots persist. So far I have hesitated to try anything abrasive. Any suggestions? Thanks

We love our P43!

I get water spots on top of mine from a water kettle, I just wipe over them with stove black and they can't be seen.

Thanks. The magic eraser cleaned them up very well. However, I did manage to mar the flat black finish just a little on the most stubborn spot. It's on the side and I'll probably be the only to notice. Still not sure if the spots were mineral deposits or from the soapy water.

Here's a newbie question. When folks list their pellets in the signature line is that how many pellets they have used in total, or for the season, or for how much they currently have on hand....... just wondering? Cheers!

Mine is how many I had at the start of the season. Down to a little less than 4 tons now....

I list what i have on hand and try to update every week or so. Which reminds me in down to 3 bags of somersets.

Here's a newbie question. When folks list their pellets in the signature line is that how many pellets they have used in total, or for the season, or for how much they currently have on hand....... just wondering? Cheers!

That's just the pellet pigs braggin' about their stash of pellets!;lol

You could clean the spots with white vinegar too.

Dave

Get a can of stove paint at the Harman shop. It is a perfect match. I tried stove paint from HD or a hardware, did not match.

Tom

I've used this product for years on all sorts of stoves with great results DSCN0158.JPG

Stove polish, or try burnin it off.... Gettin that mother Hot will tend to burn out impurities. As long as your paint has cured well (not a brand new stove).

By the way welcome to the forum Grove St.. Darn near neighbors (Sauk Co). How 'bout them Packers!!

By the way welcome to the forum Grove St.. Darn near neighbors (Sauk Co). How 'bout them Packers!!

Sorry for the delay. Thanks for the welcome. Where do you get your pellets over that way? I have been getting Lumberjack in Baraboo but just found a dealer outside of Portage. Five tons arrive tomorrow for the neighbors and I! Go Packers!

.....When folks list their pellets in the signature line is that how many pellets they have used in total, or for the season, or for how much they currently have on hand....... just wondering? Cheers!

Mine is pretty self-explanatory.

I get my Uncle Jeds in Reedsburg but if you don't mind a little dust Pennywise from Menards work fine in my Harman. I can't see much of a difference in heat just ash. Lumberjacks at F&F are fine too but never go on sale. About 3 times a year Menards runs pellets(Penneywise or Indeck) for about $165 per ton, thats when I "pig out"

Status
Not open for further replies.