Water storage hx configuration question...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings all,

First I wanted to say a big thank you to all the contributors on this site; this is my first post but I have been snooping around for the last few weeks soaking up all the information that I can.

We are a Buddhist monastery located in southern British Columbia, Canada - we are currently running a Heatmor OWB and are looking to replace it with the Econoburn EBW-200-O with ~1000 gal of storage. We have all the infrastructure with plate hx inside our main building but no room to put the storage inside. So my question...

We were thinking of putting the storage outside, next to the boiler, with one copper coil hx in the unpressurized tank (from American Solar Thechnics - square 822 gal model) but the way our current system is set up the Heatmor is not pressurized and I was wondering if we could just have a supply and return loop from the tank itself, running into the house and through the 2 plate hx that will feed the in-slab loop and the baseboard & DHW loop.

Hope I have explained this clearly, please pardon my lack of expertise, I greatly look forward to some input from the pros.

Dhammavaro Bhikkhu

This is do-able. If you haven't checked in with us, feel free to call.

Our business phone is 207-548-2148.

Status
Not open for further replies.