water strainer ???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought one off ebay for my storage tank. Its called a Y strianer. It has a fine mess screen inside that can be cleaned out through the y port.

Attachments

• e516_2[1].jpg
    e516_2[1].jpg
    6 KB · Views: 286
What happens when you clean that out - won't you loose pressure in the whole system? or do you need to have valves on either side of it to cut-off the flow first?

I plan on having a valve on both sides. I will close the valve down stream of the flow and crack open the other valve upstream to help wash out the sediment.

Brian

Pipe supply houses should have wye-strainers. I got mine from www.ppe.com along with other stuff. They have different mesh screens available depending on what your equipment calls for. You don't necessarily need to have isolation valves for it. Just put a blowdown valve in the "Y" side and open it carefully while system is under pressure to clear the mesh strainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.