Waterford Emerald insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pellet_Pete

Feeling the Heat
Jan 22, 2014
Franklin County, MA
The house we bought has a brown enamel Waterford Emerald fireplace insert that is set up for propane. A very nice stove, but I have no interest in paying for propane when we have the 2 pellet stoves for heat. Problem is, the upstairs pellet is not ideally located - would like to put a pellet appliance where the propane insert is! Questions I have are:
> Since Waterford is no longer in existence, how severely constrained am I in trying to unload it on someone else?
> Stove is currently set up for propane but is natural gas compatible. NG is a much bigger market 'round here. Is it more useful to convert it back to NG myself before selling? Am I going to have a hard time finding a conversion kit for this stove?
> Anyone have any idea how much this stove went for new? Was hardly used by the last guy, and not at all by me, so hoping it could maybe pay for 50% or better of the new appliance. ==c

Thanks in advance.

alot of un-informed consumers out there, I bet you'll sell it to someone.....

not sure about a conversion kit, some of those units required new burners, which you cant find...

i installed a couple of those units many years ago .If memory serves me well i believe they sold for around 1,600 new.The conversion kit is another story ,the pilot orfice and regulator you can still get cause they were used on many different models ,but the burner orfice is gonna be the hard one to get.,what i would do in this situation in the field would be to drill the burner orfice to the size it would have been on nat gas.Since nat gas is a larger orfice than propane simply get the desired btu in numbered or frational drill bits and drill it to that size.get me the btu rating from the label on the stove and i can tell you what size bit you will need.

Status
Not open for further replies.