Waterford Erin Pellet Stove Blower stuck on low

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rosebud

Mar 12, 2011
North Idaho
I've got a Waterford Erin Pellet Stove (the Whitfield Renaissance has basically the same parts and construction) that overheated a couple of times a couple weeks ago. I just let it cool down for about an hour or so each time, and it seemed to work okay once I turned the power back on. A few days ago the blower started blowing high no matter what the heat output setting was on. I turned the stove off and unplugged the main transistor plug to the control board and plugged it back in. Now when I turn the stove on there is a brief surge of power to the blower, but then it weakens to its low setting and remains constant there, no matter what the heat output is set on. (The auger seems to work fine.) Does anyone have a hunch what the problem might be? Is it a switch, the blower, the control board?

If the problem sounds familiar or you have any suggestions as to what might be going on, please let me know.

Thanks,
rosebud

Status
Not open for further replies.