Waterford Fionn Questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NorCalKD

Dec 15, 2011
Auburn, Ca
Hi everyone! I am pretty new at wood burning stoves and I actually just got a Waterford Fionn to install in my small house from a buddy. I have been doing tons of searches but couldnt find the information I need. I recently started cleaning up my stove and getting it ready for installation. When I removed the back heat shield I noticed the rear air valve is missing and the arm going to the front of the stove.

My questions are:

Does anyone have any links to these parts used? I checked with how much they are new and it looks to be about $200 without shipping from Ireland.

Can I just fabricate a valve out of steel since the stove is Cast?

I basically want to be able to turn down the stove so it can slowly burn while I am away at work and then open it back up when I am home, correct me if I am wrong but if this air valve is missing then the fire will burn quicker throughout the day.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Kyle

EDIT: I just saw this was moved into the PRE-EPA Thread, the stove is actually EPA certified and was built according to the manufacture stamp in 1992.

Reactions: theora55
BeGreen said:
I haven't seen this stove in person, but the mechanism looks fairly straight forward. There is a good side view in the manual on pages 5 and 6, located here.

http://www.waterfordstanley.com/SiteImages/Site_131/PDF/FionnSolidFuelManual.pdf

Thanks, yeah I have contacted them and they directed me to speak with their distributors. Their distributors are the ones who told me about $200 for the parts prior to shipping. The parts are pretty simple and straight forward I believe. Its only a plug with a gasket on a rocker hooked up to an arm that extends to the front of the stove. Pull to open and push to close. Pretty simple. But I would much rather have the original parts to put back into it.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.