Waterford Trinity

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maine27

Aug 27, 2007
I'm looking at buying a used Waterford Trinity and wanted to know if anyone had any advice/opinions about them.
We will use it in the great room (cathedral ceiling) of a small house.

Also -- does anyone know how long Waterford has been out of business in the US?
Any idea how much they cost when new? The guy wants $1700 for it (which seems a little pricey), although he said he was willing to negotiate.

Thank you,
J

I think travis industries bought them out. They own regency and hampton. Do a search on hampton-fire.com I bet it looks familiar. If not you don't have a lot invested in the info ;~)

Thank you -- I'll give it a try.

I've called around and as far as I can tell Waterford stopped selling here about 3 years ago.
This was from memory, so +/- a year.

I've also been told that Trinity's retailed for between 1300-1900.00 when new.

Travis does not own Regency These stoves the Waterford owners have had real issues getting parts the ones that were sucesfull ordered them overseas from Europe and waited more tha 6 months At this time I know of no parts distributorship in USA

I heard the same thing that they were buggers to get any parts or service from. $1,700 sounds high to me-I can't imagine that they were that much more when they were new? I looked at them and the Dovre Aurora in 1993, and went with the Aurora; I'm glad that I did, because even though Dovre was bounced around a few times I can still get parts fairly easily. Good luck to you.

I've found out a bit more:

Stoves retailed more in the 2200-2600 range (the price quote I got before was probably from being on sale).

Lehmans in Ohio carries/distributes the parts:
Toll Free: 888 438 5346
Local: 330 828 8828
Retail Shop Kidron: 330 857 5757

Display: Stanley Errigal Cooker
Parts Distribution: Waterford & Stanley Stoves (North American Market)

They were very nice when I called them (and asked questions about stoves that they haven't carried in a few years).

YOur right elk, FPI is the owners. I just looked it up. I wonder where I heard the TI thing???

burntime said:
YOur right elk, FPI is the owners. I just looked it up. I wonder where I heard the TI thing???

FPI past support is been terrible to non existant For $1700 I can get a brand new Intrepid probably an Encore or a resolute acclaim which are far better stoves than this old trrinity

$1700 no way Maybe $200

Elk's right. Save some bucks and go for an Intrepid or a Jotul 3CB. You'll be happier starting off with a good new stove that is well supported.

Status
Not open for further replies.