Watt's Happening

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bubba3228

Aug 30, 2011
central wisconsin
Just wondering if anyone is playing around with any Thermoelectric Generation toys while the stove is operating? Saw a couple blips on you tube about the subject and some fans one can buy from Sportsmans Guide. Pretty cool/hot stuff, pardon the pun.

:coolsmile:

If you do a search on this you will find tons of posts and commentary on the ecofan.

Some positive but probably more negative. Good conversation piece but not practical for moving much air.

They are a great conversation piece but as BS says they are not quite worth the money and in time can be very tempermental.

Going on season 11 with our Ecofan and have been happy with its quiet and gentle distribution of heat to the kitchen area of our house. Works great in an open floorplan.

BeGreen said:
Going on season 11 with our Ecofan and have been happy with its quiet and gentle distribution of heat to the kitchen area of our house. Works great in an open floorplan.

Dang BG, there you go, feeding the addiction! First you get me to buy a new probe, now you re-kindled my interest in an eco-fan. :)

Notice any difference in performance of that thing over the years? Any maintenance other than cleaning?

pen

I have done no more than dusted this thing. To read about it I expected it to die years ago, but it faithfully keeps spinning year after year. Can't take credit for it, except that I pulled it off the stove top when it was extra hot. That's no longer an issue with the trivet topped Alderlea, but it does run slower on the cooler trivet top.

Status
Not open for further replies.