Way cool firescreens!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spot

Jun 27, 2006

Attachments

• london_burning_firescreen_2.jpg
    london_burning_firescreen_2.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 429
  • rome_burning_firescreen.jpg
    rome_burning_firescreen.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 405
I think you are looking for the fireplace section.That just would'ent work for a wood stove. ;-)

They are awesome though.

We don't have a "fireplace section". And who in the world would want to sit and gaze at an image of historically catastrophic destruction, death, loss and pain? Not my personal idea of awesome. Might as well have photos of bodies burned beyond recognition on the walls next to the fireplace. Read some history. Just my honest reaction to the concept. Rick

I don't think its accurate to call them firescreens, as they don't look like they would do what FP screens are s'posed to do ... stop sparks.

Maybe FP art sculptures ?

Perhaps the next one should feature Mrs. O'Leary's cow ?

Peace,
- Sequoia

I'm not sure how I would mount these to my EKO....but it might be worth a shot. Cool! Wish I had a fireplace...

fossil said:
We don't have a "fireplace section". And who in the world would want to sit and gaze at an image of historically catastrophic destruction, death, loss and pain? Not my personal idea of awesome. Might as well have photos of bodies burned beyond recognition on the walls next to the fireplace. Read some history. Just my honest reaction to the concept. Rick

+1 :roll:

TreePapa said:
I don't think its accurate to call them firescreens, as they don't look like they would do what FP screens are s'posed to do ... stop sparks.

Maybe FP art sculptures ?

Perhaps the next one should feature Mrs. O'Leary's cow ?

Peace,
- Sequoia

I think the cow is a decent idea, and actually I think they will work as screens, it is hard to see, but it definitely looks like there is a black metal screen that is acting as a foundation for the metal cutouts that make up the "art" I think I've seen similar sorts of things before although usually with more "tasteful" subjects for the cutouts. It even appears that there is an arched top to the thing.

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.