Way off topic, garage car wash corousel?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

schwaggly

Burning Hunk
Sep 23, 2009
n.shore ma
I was at a house in swampscott Ma close to beach, wealthy area, alot of old sea captain homes back in the day type setting. There was what appeared to be an old carousel car wash set up minus the hose.the plumbing ran out the bulkhead under a slab and up the inside wall of garage. I have never seen one of these and neither has Google or I don't know the correct terminology.
I didn't get a picture, sadly. Next time I'm there I will. Does anyone know about these things? Have I been living under a rock? I just realized there is a better place to post this, could I get a mod redirect?

Last edited:
Was it a turntable, like a railroad roundhouse? Some old fancy-pants houses have those. Jeeves could drive the car forward into the garage, and then spin it around on the table so he wouldn't have to back out.

The Bat Cave from the 60's Tv show had one. Was automatic, of course.

It's an overhead unit like at the diy carwash.

Similar just at least 40 years older. I have never seen one in a residential garage, that's what threw me.

Status
Not open for further replies.