Way too go on your walnut

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naandme

Jan 16, 2011
Eaton, Indiana
Way too go on your walnut slab Jay sold for a nice amount!! It looks like its going to be too wet to get to that tree this weekend never get truck back to it in the field. I will keep you posted

Naandme said:
Way too go on your walnut slab Jay sold for a nice amount!! It looks like its going to be too wet to get to that tree this weekend never get truck back to it in the field. I will keep you posted

Thanks Mark, I will be ready when ever you are. Got to catch up on milling anyways.

Here is a hickory we just finnish tonight! shaggy bark splat... Down to 180 grit its got a little more grain to give!

Attachments

• hickory resize.jpg
    hickory resize.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 401
  • resize.jpg
    resize.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 383
Trundle said:
Now thats pretty! Nicely done.

Thanks that was over 25 hrs of sanding. Hard as a rock!

I don't think I've ever seen spalting like that in hickory. Kinda wild.

Danno77 said:
I don't think I've ever seen spalting like that in hickory. Kinda wild.

First I have ever seen it...Looks much better than the pick to. Sink that in some poly and its going to Pop!

Status
Not open for further replies.