ways of detecting a leak around exaust blower?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

stinger68

Nov 30, 2008
cape breton N.S Canada
Hi again guys i tried several times to get a co2 sniffer from fire dept and still no luck.Ok i have a enviro ef3 freestanding model about 4yrs old i ran a pipe into another room on to the air intake in the back and the smell blowing aout of the heat tubes is gone now.But there is still a leak i cant find yet at the back of the stove- i tried turning lights ou on start up with flas light and nodda that i can see anyway.I replace the exaust gasket i re siliconed lots and even doubled taped other joints on pipes.Is there something i can do to pinpoint the leak? thanks again

I like pooks way the best to find stove leaks.

With the stove off, burn some paper(not much) in the burn pot. You will see all its leaks. Others use candles blown out just as you get them in the stove.

hope this helps
jay

I'm no pellet burner, but I've used some incense sticks lately looking for house air leaks. Hint: pick a scent you like.

Maybe if you put more back pressure (hand, tape?) on the outlet maybe it'd make it more noticable.

Xena said:
Ok if nobody else is gonna, I have to ask what the hell is a "pooks"?

Pook was a member here, Think he got band though. I think you might remember him. He was hard to understand sometimes, and jabbered alot. But did have some good ideas. He burned rice coal in his englander and books too!

I should have wrote pook's way of doing it.

Sorry

LOL. I've been here since 2005 and have never seen that user name
but then again, we can change our user name daily on this forum if we wish..
<----- see my new/temp name.
Thanks for the clarification Jay.

Curly Sue said:

His last user name was jesus, Before that it was ghettontheball. He had that funny green Creator as an avatar. Pook is what wet1 was calling him. It stuck. I'd link you to a thread, But since he is banded. They all have disappeared.

Curly Sue = Xena = Zeta. I got it.
jay

Curly Sue said:

Yes, "pook" was/is quite a character.

BTW, Xeta, why is your new name "new/temp"?

Maybe YOU'RE the REAL Pook!!!! :lol: Quite a disguise....mild mannered computer geek by day, wild & crazy Hearth forum member by night!!

macman said:
Maybe YOU'RE the REAL Pook!!!! :lol: Quite a disguise....mild mannered computer geek by day, wild & crazy Hearth forum member by night!!

:lol: Will the real Pook, Please stand up! :lol: :cheese:

By the way, stinger. Sorry we hijacked your thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.