1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

We got a bit split.

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by Woody Stover, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Woody Stover

Woody Stover Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southern IN
    Two SIL's are set. Stacked this at another SIL's who, despite having a little DW 2460 and not too big a house, seems to use more wood than any of the rest of us. :mad: I'll have to track down the reason for that...

Foreground stack is dead White Ash, almost three pallets long. (Rounds in front are some Red Pines to be split for kindling at a later date.) I cut the Ash six weeks ago, and some splits that I made at that time are getting light and dry already. ::-) Stacked behind that is some Red Maple. Split but not stacked is some Red Oak that a guy dropped off. I would say there's about 3/4 cord, total. Two splitters and one stacker...about 2-1/2 hrs.

[​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. TimJ

TimJ Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Southeast Indiana
    way to get er done Woody. It's hard enough to feed one stove much less three...............very good
    Now go watch Tiger win a tournament
  3. Woody Stover

Loc:
    Southern IN
    Thanks, Tim. Actually, we've gotta move a few stoves at my BIL's this afternoon. Got a TV tuner card in this box, so El Tigre is going to wait on the hard drive until later. ==c
    Tweaked my wrist on one of those Red Oak rounds so I hope it'll still work well enough to move stoves. We've got four guys so it shouldn't be too bad. I split most of the RO rounds so I could lift 'em easier, but there were a couple of of crotch pieces that were still big. Shoulda 'gone Dennis,' and switched the splitter to vertical instead of lifting those. :oops:
    NortheastAl likes this.
  4. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    Someone's gonna' steal that.
    Too funny.
    "I went and gone Dennis on that farwood";lol
  5. HDRock

HDRock Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Grand Blanc, Mi
    Nice, Nice, once split, almost all work done :)
    When I get tired ,I go "noodle crazy" on the gnarly knobs ;lol
  6. Woody Stover

Loc:
    Southern IN
    Yeah, I shoulda brought my saw down there, but didn't. When I got to those crotch buggers I didn't feel like going back for the saw. My wrist feels pretty good now so I got lucky. I need to quit fighting that heavy Oak and break out the power equipment anytime I come across a big one. I'll stack the Oak in a couple of days, with about the same distance between rows as row 1 and 2.

When we were splitting, maflake, who lives down the block and runs a Buck 91, rode past on his bike. Seeing us splitting must have got him fired up because that afternoon he split about 1/3 cord of dead Ash rounds that I left at his place a couple of weeks ago. ==c