We Have Fire!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jqgs214

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2006
Riverhead, NY
Insert is burning, I know its 80Deg out but had to break her in. Here is a picture with a small fire and the new hearth I built. BTW ignore the Date the camera just got new batteries.

Attachments

• a100_0729.jpg
    a100_0729.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 1,330
Now that is schweeeet! Looking good and sitting solidly on the floor the way God intended a stove to sit.

Congrats guy. I know how those adventures go. It's great when they come to a good end.

Woohoo! I love a happy ending, especially to a stove story!

Nice picture Wxman.

Can you tell me what you did to the floor? I'm in a similar situation. I'm going to get the PE summit and my hearth is not long enough. Any of you pros on here feel free to jump in with an answer. My hearth is above the floor but it only sticks out about a foot and it is 6-8 inches above the floor. I want to tile my floor like Wxman has done. Do I need to do anything to the floor as far as R value or noncombustable material? Since the extenstion I need to put in is really just to stop a fire if something falls out of the stove, can I just pull up the carpet and put a few squares of tile in?

Oh and Wxman. Is that the D1 or the summit? And how much heat did it put out?

For a hot day she drafted pretty well, a little smoke when opening the door. It is a Pacific Insert (d1). As far as heat output I really only got her hot enough to kick on the fan and break in the paint. Seems like she will do nicely though.

Just to clarify the installation, I have flex liner to the top of exterior masonry chimNEy +- 18ft with block off plate and poured insulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.