We love our new Hearthstone Homestead

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

waterloom

Nov 25, 2007
New Hampshire
We love our new Hearthstone. Here are some before and after photos. Hearthstone Homestead has warmed up our house, replacing an old Avalon (with a very noisy fan). Peace!

Attachments

• Hearthstone2.jpg
    Hearthstone2.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 1,548
  • Hearthstone Heritage (1).jpg
    Hearthstone Heritage (1).jpg
    73 KB · Views: 1,446
  • avalon.jpg
    avalon.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 1,310
Nice!! Now we need smoe pictures with it fired up!

That sure looks like a homestead ;-)

That IS a beautiful stove- and a very nice hearth too !

From the pictures i'd say that it looks like it's good for another 100 years.
(how come no Kentucky long rifle above the mantle ?- OH I guess the women took that space over too :) )

When you say new do you mean new to you? I don't think you have a new model. Is that firescreen for your stove? That would be nice.

I think rdr has it right - I do think that is a homestead - very nice none-the-less - looks great, and is probably doing a nice job of heating up the "homestead".

Edit... at first look at the pictures - I thought it was wood flooring right in front of the hearth, which looks pretty close, but on second look - are you extending and putting tile or something else in front of the hearth?

Those look like tan colored tiles out front. Oh, now I see the mantleshield too. Cool.

rdrcr56 said:
That sure looks like a homestead ;-)

You are absolutely right--it IS a homestead. In the excitement of finally being warm, I got my details mixed up. Thanks for the heads up. I corrected my original message.

Highbeam said:
When you say new do you mean new to you? I don't think you have a new model. Is that firescreen for your stove? That would be nice.

Brand new, but a Homestead, not a Heritage (my error). Yup, that's a firescreen--nice for getting things going although in retrospect, I doubt we will use it much.

Harley said:
I think rdr has it right - I do think that is a homestead - very nice none-the-less - looks great, and is probably doing a nice job of heating up the "homestead".

Edit... at first look at the pictures - I thought it was wood flooring right in front of the hearth, which looks pretty close, but on second look - are you extending and putting tile or something else in front of the hearth?

rdr was right--it is a homestead. And yes, that is wood flooring in front of the hearth, but with a black metal heat shield on top of it. In the older installation (the Avalon), we had no protection on the floor because the stove was in a brick pit about a foot deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.