1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

We may have found winter

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Backwoods Savage, Feb 22, 2012.

1. rideau

rideau Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern ontario
    Loon, I should have guessed that. Loon lake is beautiful. Great view. The lake actually is frozen...this winter, almost surprising. I'm not too far from you. We're fortunate to have homes on these lakes. Family is from the area--since around 1812. My heart is in my woodlot...that's where I feel at home and at peace. From your view, I'd speculate you feel the same there.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. loon

loon Minister of Fire

Loc:
    ont canada
    We were thinking years ago about having power brought in and tearing down the old cottage to build a new home. But ended up moving halfway out to the lake and leaving it alone ;-)

loon
  3. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    Nothing to be sorry about Gasifier. Sorry about that rain though. That must have made a mess.
  4. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    That rain lasted a little while then turned back to snow. We got another inch. But probably lost one of the first 4 with the rain. :) I had a good time this morning. I told my wife I had hoped I wouldn't have to get the tractor out to move the snow. She said, "Oh ya! Right. I bet you don't want to do that." Hey, unfortunately the snow is really built up by the road where the plow had pushed it all up, and I gotta clean up my father's road a bit. ;-) The kubota does a nice job.
  5. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    HehHeh . . . I talked to my sister and she is all bummed . . . she was in a conference in Ohio and now is heading/in Florida for another conference (she's a cardiac tech) . . . she's ticked that she is missing the Iron Dog and Fur Rendezvous (she works some with fur) and is dreading the heat in Florida . . . and on top of that her boss is trying to convince her to go to Disneyland (meanwhile she's lobbying for a kayak trip in some alligator infested swamp.)
  6. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    4-5 inches of heavy, set snow here . . . but the motherload from this storm was north of us . . . 20 inches up in Madawaska.
  7. yooperdave

yooperdave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan's U.P.
    Locally, 10"-14" since yesterday afternoon till today around noon.
    Snowmobiliers are real happy this weekend! (Skiers, too)
  8. ISeeDeadBTUs

ISeeDeadBTUs Guest

Forget the 60 MPH blasts last night, the wind is down to a dull roar now.

The snow this year has been like the perfect woman . . . she comes, and then she goes back to where she came from. Repeat regularly.

Back in the 40's for the week ahead.