We need help, In a bad way

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joelswork

Nov 9, 2010
central TN
I know this post might not be "proper" and it might go away, but we need your help! First, I would like to thank all you guys who have helped us get our old englander up and running smooth (right in time for spring...due to delays on my end!), but we need a different kind of help from you all.

see, my wife and I are adopting two little fellas from Easter Europe...both have down syndrome and thus will be sent to a "mental institute" within the next year or so, they will simply be sent there to die, with a life expectancy after institution of 4-6 months due to mental anguish. This countries laws are changing this summer and will likely be beneficial for orphans in the future but will kind of throw these and many others with special needs, under the bus so to say. So, our September adoption is being rushed through by immigration to may or june. Our fundraising time has been cut in half and that is where we need your help! We have started a $5 donation drive and ask that you take a look at our story and that of the little fellas we are trying to adopt at www.adoptingourfirst.blogspot.com We ask that you consider donating and then ask all your friends and families to consider donating as well.

Thanks again for all of your help guys!

Joel Golden

Attachments

• boys pic black.jpg
    boys pic black.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 539
What country in Eastern Europe, if I might ask.

We have chosen a country (former Soviet) that allows us to id the country only if we don't use their pictures, but after seeing them....we had to use their pictures! This country doesn't allow pre-arranged adoptions either, but with our commitments through our advocacy group (reecesrainbow.org named advocacy group of the year by time magizine) there are some special arrangements that get to be made with these guys. We have to keep that somewhat secretive because if the country found out it would most definatly cause us some problems....I know, not likely as I don't think they use pellet stoves at all but we do know another family that was not allowed to adopt after an official from their embassy saw a local write up in the paper on their adoption efforts.

joelswork said:
We have chosen a country (former Soviet) that allows us to id the country only if we don't use their pictures, but after seeing them....we had to use their pictures! This country doesn't allow pre-arranged adoptions either, but with our commitments through our advocacy group (reecesrainbow.org named advocacy group of the year by time magizine) there are some special arrangements that get to be made with these guys. We have to keep that somewhat secretive because if the country found out it would most definatly cause us some problems....I know, not likely as I don't think they use pellet stoves at all but we do know another family that was not allowed to adopt after an official from their embassy saw a local write up in the paper on their adoption efforts.

With today's search engines and the millions of hits this site gets every year, you are taking a very big chance posting the pics. Consider editing your post and removing the picture but continuing the conversation with us.
You are to be highly commended for what you are doing for those children. I hope it all works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.