We ordered a new Fireview

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zelachowski

Jan 14, 2012
New England
A few weeks back I asked some questions here about Woodstock stoves. As some may remember we have an old 1980? Woodstock Classic. It works well, but the voices on the board here thought we would burn less wood and I like the sound of that. My wife and I visited the factory on Saturday. We saw the various models and walked into the factory to see the operation. We stayed nearby at the Shaker Hill Inn in Enfield, NH, very nice people, if you are up there ever. WE should have it installed sometime in the next few weeks. What would we ask for the old, non cat, Classic when we put it up for sale. Thanks for the words of wisdom in the past.

Dont know much about your old stove but your gonna find these new EPA stoves a little different, have fun, Nice stove you got there.

Indeed youll like for sure. What model did you choose?

Depending on the condition, and be fair, maybe 200 to 400.

Edit: wow models is the title. So uh yeah..color?

zelachowski said:
A few weeks back I asked some questions here about Woodstock stoves. As some may remember we have an old 1980? Woodstock Classic. It works well, but the voices on the board here thought we would burn less wood and I like the sound of that. My wife and I visited the factory on Saturday. We saw the various models and walked into the factory to see the operation. We stayed nearby at the Shaker Hill Inn in Enfield, NH, very nice people, if you are up there ever. WE should have it installed sometime in the next few weeks. What would we ask for the old, non cat, Classic when we put it up for sale. Thanks for the words of wisdom in the past.

Got pics?

I would think a lot of that has to do with the functional and cosmetic condition of the stove and finding someone looking for a classic.

I just installed a Fireview 201 from 1989 or so. It was exactly what I wanted, came from the original owner who had used it about 10 years then it sat on their hearth used infrequently as they got a wood furnace. They had all their records, original manuals and it was in excellent cosmetic shape. Structurally sound, it did need a new cat and baffle assembly. I bought it, had it delivered to my hearth, and restored it for about $1000.

Having all the original info and sellers who clearly knew and cared for the stove was key for me. Also delivering it as my husband works long hours and we are new to the area and don't know a lot of people to help.

I'd recommend giving it a good cleaning, research the cost of replacement parts and look at what comparable stoves are listed at locally. Take good pictures and be up front with potential buyers.

Just my $.02. :) what color fireview did you order???

Mary

Congratulations on the new Fireview zelachowski. It is a great stove and will serve you well. Pictures will be nice when it is installed.

+1 on color and pics!! I am really loving the look of the woodstock stoves...

Status
Not open for further replies.