We wood burners have it too Easy!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRanger

Nov 19, 2007
British Columbia
I can remember growing up here on the Island with a sawdust stove. Getting up on a cold winter morning and when your feet touched that cold lino floor ya kinda wanted to jump right back in bed. Any of you remember those damn things, where the sawdust would hangup in the hopper overnight? And look what we have today-inserts and stoves with 12 hour plus burn times. And we have the added benefit of keeping warm while bucking and splitting that firewood. :coolsmile:

Never had one but I certainly remember my feet touching that cold floor in the mornings. Don't think the old house had any insulation. The stove got stocked for the night but the draft turned way down. More than once we found snow on our floor! Now we know better and find that it is easy to keep that snow out. The stoves today are much better and I don't have to hop out of bed onto a cold floor. Yippee!

Status
Not open for further replies.