Weather delays new Tribute install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The house is a very comfortable 75 degrees! Of course the weather turns warm right as we get the stove in. ;-) It's 40 outside as I type this, but I think it will work just as we planned it. Time will tell, and some cold weather! It is only going to get down to 22 tonight, so we'll have to wait for a real hard test. Got the stove up to just under 400 this morning, and have let her coast down now. I REALLY like this stove! For the weather right now, I don't want ANY more! Maybe a hard cold snap will change my mind, but I really think this going to be just fine.

Attachments

• 100_0060 30%.JPG
    100_0060 30%.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 186
That's a very nice looking installation and stove. You'll be real happy heating with it this winter. Sounds like you're ready to let that puppy stretch out and throw some heat.

BeGreen said:
That's a very nice looking installation and stove. You'll be real happy heating with it this winter. Sounds like you're ready to let that puppy stretch out and throw some heat.

Thank you and yea I am! :cheese: The weather turned springish on me. :blank: It will be cold again I am confidant! We debated if this would be enough to do what we want, and I am more convinced then ever that it will. The idea is to supplement the furnace, but I think we will more likely turn the furnace down, and let the stove heat the house. I don't know how it will do over night yet, I suspect that it will be good and cool in the mornings when we have some cold weather again, but that's OK. The soapstone will carry some heat for good long time, but I don't think it will go all night. Maybe I'm wrong, only some Nebraska cold weather will tell for sure. My wife and I work off shifts. She is up and gone before I get up, and I work swing shift, so I don't go to bed till about 2:00 am. So I think we will fine.

Keep an eye on that lower hinge pin. Mine also walks out, eerily similar.

I see some shiny silver at the flue collar. What is that? How did you get flue collar screws into the double wall or is that a single wall installation?

I wasn't able to be here for the final put it all together. I had to go to work. :down: It is double wall pipe, and it looks like there is bracket that fits into collar on the stove and the pipe is screwed into that. Like I said, I wasn't here when it all went together so I didn't get to see the parts and pieces, but it looks like there is bracket that fits into the stove collar, and the inner pipe, and small brackets in between the walls of the pipe that the screws go into? I'm I am really happy with the way it looks. I think the splash of silver really sets it off! I wish I had been here to watch the final pieces go together. They were just cutting the hole in the roof when I had to leave.

I hadn't even noticed the hinge pin thanks for that! Just tap it back in?

Status
Not open for further replies.