Weather for Sunday

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Looks like it could be a chitty day for some of us, last time we had this warning it hit 12-14 miles north of us.

zap

Attachments

• map_specnews07_ltst_4namus_enus_650x366.jpg
    map_specnews07_ltst_4namus_enus_650x366.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 154
That's strange there was no mention of this on the local news tonight.

We have a cold front moving in, I'll make sure the gas cans are full and the saws are ready.

zap

I hope it doesn't hit Elmira, they have had enough.

Same here. I love thunderstorms! Good for business too! ==c

I cant believe it! 97 again yesterday,big storm moved in this morning,a few hours earlier than predicted. Just before 10AM turned dark & street lights came on.Almost 1 1/2" of rain in barely 25 minutes,and its only 79 w/ sunshine here now.>> Over a month since it was under 90 for daytime high,last rain was 3 weeks ago with barely 1/2".Still 6 inches below normal for year so far,roughly 3 for the summer.I'm happy with whatever we get.

Reactions: ScotO
They were calling for big rain here for Sunday yesterday...But that changed to little rain today zap :p

Good luck to all you guys over there..

loon

Looks like a dandy moving through Wisconsin and Illinois right now. We'll no doubt get hit tonight.

Looks like some heavy winds with lots of rain, not sure what we'll get but it's just a matter of time.
Latest severe weather reports as of Saturday early evening.
--5:58 P.M. EDT: The strongest storms move out of the Chicago area.
--5:17 P.M. EDT: 52 mph wind gust at Chicago/O'Hare Airport and 55 mph wind gust at Midway.
--5:08 P.M. EDT: Thousands of people seek shelter from the storm after being evacuated from the Lollapalooza Festival in Chicago.
--5:06 P.M. EDT: 80 mph wind gust at Tinley Park, Ill.
--5:05 P.M. EDT: 70 mph wind gust in South Barrington, Ill.
--4:52 P.M. EDT: 1.53 inches of rain fell in 38 minutes at the Aurora Municipal Airport, Ill.
--4:52 P.M. EDT: 58 mph wind gust DuPage, Ill.
--4:48 P.M. EDT: 60 mph wind gust in New Lenox, Ill.
--4:31 P.M. EDT: 70 mph wind gust in Aurora, Ill.
--4:17 P.M. EDT: 56 mph wind gust at Greater Rockford Airport, Ill.
--4:14 P.M. EDT: Trees down on houses in Morris, Ill.
zap

Looks like the boss will get her wish for tomorrow. Rain, rain rain. I'll be stuck insulating the cathedral ceiling in the fireplace room......UGH.;sick<> NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO THAT!!

It's making me itchy just reading it. Just remember after your done insulating take a warm ==c shower so your pours open up more so the insulation can get deeper.

zap

It's making me itchy just reading it. Just remember after your done insulating take a warm ==c shower so your pours open up more so the insulation can get deeper.

zap

Some 20+ yrs ago I got revenge on a co worker who was bothering me for a couple days.We were doing some light demolition at an office building remodel,tearing out drywall,old plaster/metal lath,metal studs & that brown super itchy ThermaFiber flat panel sound/fire insulation between the stud walls.Job was in mid summer,hot as usual & very humid.I told the guy 'when you get home tonight,get in that shower,turn the water on as HOT as you can stand it,that'll take care of your problem ::-)

The next day he came to work all itchy,job was finished in a week or so,he left me alone from then on ;lol

Anyone knows what I'm talking about,they wont forget that stuff.Since the stuff is basically waste glass of varying degrees - You'll find most is like coarse steel wool or brillo pads,with added pieces of varying sizes & textures.Not unusual to see a few scattered thick pieces like from old TV picture tubes etc.I even found a perfectly flat thick bottom of an old Coke bottle once.Stuff is nasty for sure.They still make the material,though I havent handled any either new or old since last working for an interior finish/commercial drywall company several years back.That pink & yellow fiberglass rolls & batts are mild compared to the brown stuff,it rarely bothers me.

Reactions: zap
If you want a reminder, work with Rockwool. Short fiber stuff.

Some 20+ yrs ago I got revenge on a co worker who was bothering me for a couple days.We were doing some light demolition at an office building remodel,tearing out drywall,old plaster/metal lath,metal studs & that brown super itchy ThermaFiber flat panel sound/fire insulation between the stud walls.Job was in mid summer,hot as usual & very humid.I told the guy 'when you get home tonight,get in that shower,turn the water on as HOT as you can stand it,that'll take care of your problem ::-)

The next day he came to work all itchy,job was finished in a week or so,he left me alone from then on ;lol

Anyone knows what I'm talking about,they wont forget that stuff.Since the stuff is basically waste glass of varying degrees - You'll find most is like coarse steel wool or brillo pads,with added pieces of varying sizes & textures.Not unusual to see a few scattered thick pieces like from old TV picture tubes etc.I even found a perfectly flat thick bottom of an old Coke bottle once.Stuff is nasty for sure.They still make the material,though I havent handled any either new or old since last working for an interior finish/commercial drywall company several years back.That pink & yellow fiberglass rolls & batts are mild compared to the brown stuff,it rarely bothers me.

All I can say Thistle is I was a rookie in construction years back, once was enough. ;em

zap

If you want a reminder, work with Rockwool. Short fiber stuff.
The Roxul insulation I put in the chase last fall didn't bother me one bit, I was under the impression that it was rockwool (made from some kind of mineral, maybe mica?). Looked it up on the web and they claim that Roxul is the safest stuff to work with in terms of exposure. Not sure though, because if it IS mica, that stuff is really nasty (carcinogen).

*edit* just looked up Roxul on the 'net, it is made from a combination of basalt (volcanic) rock and recycled slag. They claim it's the safest stuff out there in terms of woven insulation.

I spent many a NY summer day as a helper, up in attics pulling wire or running ductwork. The only thing I wanted to do afterward was jump in the lake.

91F in Seattle today. FINALLY summer seems to have arrived. 77F locally, just right.

Don't know if anybody is paying attention to the weather in Ohio, but it's starting to look like what went thru at the end of June. I'm in Lima right now, and it looks like it's gonna be ugly in a bit. Later in the day and cooler, so hopefully it will fall apart.

Stay safe jeff_t, muggy up here with the temps at 79, had to go down in the man cave which is running a cool 69.

zap

Don't know if anybody is paying attention to the weather in Ohio, but it's starting to look like what went thru at the end of June. I'm in Lima right now, and it looks like it's gonna be ugly in a bit. Later in the day and cooler, so hopefully it will fall apart.
Yeah I just looked at the weather, looks like you guys in upper Ohio are about to get SLAMMED. We'll be in the thick of it sometime tomorrow......Be safe out there guys...

Yeah I just looked at the weather, looks like you guys in upper Ohio are about to get SLAMMED. We'll be in the thick of it sometime tomorrow......Be safe out there guys...

Looks like this is going through smokins area tonight.

zap

Nothing to bad here yet. Looks like we are right on the edge for tonight but smack in the middle tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.