Wedding with Beer Related Vows

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

webbie

Seasoned Moderator
Nov 17, 2005
Western Mass.
I went to my nieces wedding this weekend - they are both beer nuts and actually brew quite a bit on their farm in NJ. They also grow hops on the property.

Now, of course, beer was in abundance - kegs, bottles, home brews, etc. as was an open bar with STRONG drinks. I tried the mint julep and there was no mint or julep taste at all. I think each drink was about 2-3 drinks.

But the funniest part was the actually wedding ceremony where the official (the person doing the marrying) read aloud a long screed comparing what they should do in their relationship to the brewing of beer and the growing of hops. I must admit - I've attended a lot of weddings, but never heard this one before! Heck, I sat at a LOT of early hippie weddings and never heard "Just as you must wait for the female marijuana buds to....."
;)

In any case, as you can see, they are a beautiful couple (without beer bellies!)- and the flower kid on the far left is my grand daughter!
wedsmall.jpg

Reactions: flyingcow
I am hoisting a foamy brew to the fine couple.

They are hoisting 10 right back at ya!
Each of the 10 is a different brew also.....
:)

I'm sorta jealous. Back in my day we used to collect the finest hashish and sniff it like snobs. But we couldn't do that out in the open. These folks get to be forthright about all their highs......

Difference between hophead and pothead. ;lol

Reactions: Ashful
are those hops on the grooms lapel?

I think I'd like them

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.