wEEEEEhAWWWWWWW!!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DonCT

Minister of Fire
Dec 9, 2005
Bristol, Connecticut
Got me a wood hauler today. I was looking on craigslist (no, not our Craig %-P ) and found a 1993 Chevy S-10 6 cyl. 4x4 for $350!!!! It has 163,000 on it, but the body and engine are both in good shape. There's a little minor rust and the rear bumper needs to be replaced, but all in all it's in good shape. I've got a friend who's going to help me clean her up and give her a good tune.

SCORE!!!!!!

that's a great find don!!! that sounds like the perfect scrounging truck, low to the ground,just
ugly enough so you don't worry about dinging it, 4x4, perfect!
would you take $400 for it?:)

Har har har....... NOPE!!! I'm gonna drive this sucker till the frame disolves!!! :lol:

I went over the truck again this morning when I got home from work. Looks like all she'll really need is a new air filter, plugs and a lube job. Then I'll need to find a junker S10 or Blazer to steal the drivers seat out of. For some reason the seat leans too far back when locked in the upright position. Anyone ever had that problem? I disected the hinge, but didn't see anything out of whack.

Oh well, it'll look like I'm low-ride cruisin..... :coolsmile:

Nice score, Don - congrats!

the only drawback could be all your friends/relatives will be asking you to haul and pickup stuff for them, and you won't have any time to scrounge wood.

So, if it's inspect-able and register-able in CT, then you really did do well.... If it is, and it gets to be a problem with everyone asking for favors... I'll give you $100 for it (did I ever mention I'm cheap.... really cheap) :p

Yea, the front seat is attached.......

I had another friend of a friend offer me $600 for it sight-unseen!!! What is it with these little trucks?!?! Anywho, that friend has some spare S-10 parts and he said I'm welcome to them. So that takes care of the bumper and hopefully he has a spare drivers seat :)

And I have to problem carting stuff for family and friends. I guess I'm just a nice guy :p

Nice buy DonCT!I once had an '87 S10 4x4 with the 2.8V6;I couldn't kill it.Sold it to my brother who drove it up until last year.A friend o mine cranked his torsion bars up and plowed with his for years.They are a tuff little truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.