Weekend at the cabin.. (lots of pics)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokinPiney

Feeling the Heat
Nov 25, 2008
In the Pines, NJ
I took thurs and fri of last week off to spend a 4 day weekend up at my uncle's cabin in NY. We had amazing weather except for our fri trout fishin excursion in the snow haha. Saturday we cut down three cherry's near the cabin and cut up a few ash and birch trees up on the hill. It was a well needed weekend away from the daily grind.

Ledman's%20Cabin%20april10%20004.jpg

Ledman's%20Cabin%20april10%20003.jpg

My uncle tryin his luck for trout before the weather turned. He managed to catch the only one of the day later on.
Ledman's%20Cabin%20april10%20007.jpg

We also spent some time clearin out the pipe under the road that the beavers managed to clog up. My uncle and cousin hard at work.
Ledman's%20Cabin%20april10%20018.jpg

Some birch we cut up near a food plot.
Ledman's%20Cabin%20april10%20021.jpg

Cheyenne had a great time playin at the local lake.
Ledman's%20Cabin%20april10%20016.jpg

Ledman's%20Cabin%20april10%20014.jpg

Ledman's%20Cabin%20april10%20017.jpg

Looks like y'all had a wonderful weekend!

You better have a talk with your Uncle about that smoke coming out of that chimney if your gonna visit there anymore. %-P
Nice photos and thanks for sharing.

Looks like a perfect spot to spend a spring weekend. So where are the leaves? %-P

Great pics! There are no leaves on the trees here yet either. I like the snorkels on the ATV!

north of 60 said:
You better have a talk with your Uncle about that smoke coming out of that chimney if your gonna visit there anymore. %-P
Nice photos and thanks for sharing.

haha figgerd someone would pick up on that. That was just a few minutes after a couple splits were thrown in.

And it's funny bout the leaves. We left here on wed with only buds on the trees. Came home to many of em with leaves or at least a bunch of pollen lol.

SmokinPiney said:
I took thurs and fri of last week off to spend a 4 day weekend up at my uncle's cabin in NY. We had amazing weather except for our fri trout fishin excursion in the snow haha. Saturday we cut down three cherry's near the cabin and cut up a few ash and birch trees up on the hill. It was a well needed weekend away from the daily grind.

Ledman's%20Cabin%20april10%20004.jpg

Ledman's%20Cabin%20april10%20003.jpg

My uncle tryin his luck for trout before the weather turned. He managed to catch the only one of the day later on.
Ledman's%20Cabin%20april10%20007.jpg

We also spent some time clearin out the pipe under the road that the beavers managed to clog up. My uncle and cousin hard at work.
Ledman's%20Cabin%20april10%20018.jpg

Some birch we cut up near a food plot.
Ledman's%20Cabin%20april10%20021.jpg

Cheyenne had a great time playin at the local lake.
Ledman's%20Cabin%20april10%20016.jpg

Ledman's%20Cabin%20april10%20014.jpg

Ledman's%20Cabin%20april10%20017.jpg

Thats living!

zap

zapny said:
Thats living!

zap

Indeed it is... I consider myself very lucky to be able to spend times like these with family and grateful to get the time off work!

Status
Not open for further replies.