Weekend camping trip in the ADKS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haybale

Jun 15, 2009
Upstate NY
Took advantage of the perfect weather for an overnight trip in the ADKS

Attachments

• clockmill1.jpg
    clockmill1.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 438
  • clockmill2.jpg
    clockmill2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 446
  • clockmill3.jpg
    clockmill3.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 437
  • clockmill4.jpg
    clockmill4.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 436
Looks amazing. I wish I could get my dog to sit still like that :)

Who took the pic of you and the dawg???????

Where'd you get the ball cap & sweatshirt for the dog?

Great pics of a great place! Thanx for posting..

Ray

Haybale said:
Took advantage of the perfect weather for an overnight trip in the ADKS

Nice pictures Haybale, what part of the Dacks did you camp in? It looks like Cranberry.

zap

Can't beat time spent in the outdoors, any fishing there?

This was just a "preseason" trip for us. Do the majority of our camping in the winter. Was strange hiking in shorts this past weekend with the recent warm spell we had.

I was in the Old Forge/Eagle Bay, NY area of the Adirondacks (central Adirondacks for those who aren't aware of the Adirondack Park area) this past weekend and the colors were pretty good. The owners of the camp we stayed at mentioned that in that area at least, the leaves actually peaked about 4-5 days earlier. Still, it was pretty magnificent. Wish I could post a few pictures as it was pretty impressive and a great moon all weekend.

Nice! Looks like you've got a great hiking partner to share it with too. I just got into the 'dacks for the first time about 6 weeks ago. Had a nice 5 day canoe trip in the Tupper
Lake area. I'll be back for sure.

Great pics, I can see this is one of those places where it's just great to be.

Sit back, take it all in, and just depressurize after a slog at the office or factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.