Weekend project....Bunk bed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bfunk13

Minister of Fire
Sep 11, 2008
Wyoming
The wife wanted bunk beds, after looking at them they are either really expensive or not very well built.
So, I built this over the weekend for under $100

It's a little tall on the top, so i will chop about 6" off the legs.

My oldest thinks its the coolest thing in the world!

Attachments

• DSC06008.jpg
    DSC06008.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 362
  • DSC06013.jpg
    DSC06013.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 383
Looks great and the price is right - can't beat getting things done for yourself - nice work! Cheers!

Occupants look happy :)

Good job!

Looks great. I hope there's no ceiling fan in that room. ;)

These are a common source of injuries in kids. Maybe you could teach them the "three points of contact" rule for climbing? Not that they would listen though. Good thing kids are tough.

Nice job, I love wood projects. I like the ladder at the end rather than the side. It just seems safer.

Semipro said:
Looks great. I hope there's no ceiling fan in that room. ;)

These are a common source of injuries in kids. Maybe you could teach them the "three points of contact" rule for climbing? Not that they would listen though. Good thing kids are tough.

Thanks for the compliments everyone!
Yeah Semipro, i already caught the older one hanging from the top rail. Yeah he listens alright. I did tell him tonight the first time someone gets hurt it comes down. Think it helped????
Yeah right.

I've been meaning to ask you:

Do you like guakamole?

btuser said:
I've been meaning to ask you:

Do you like guakamole?

I love guacamole.........?

He can take that to college with him as the perfect loft, too!
(If you have a university near you, you could sell a few of those, put a desk underneath! (mine had speaker stands, but I don't think college kids are into speakers anymore, just headphones!)

I just built a top loft bed of sorts. 2x6 frame and screwed it to the wall - only needed 1 support as it is in a corner.

tickbitty said:
He can take that to college with him as the perfect loft, too!
(If you have a university near you, you could sell a few of those, put a desk underneath! (mine had speaker stands, but I don't think college kids are into speakers anymore, just headphones!)

Very good idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.