Weekend Sale At Labonville

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Battenkiller

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Nov 26, 2009
Just Outside the Blue Line
I followed this link that Zapny provided and found they are having a Father's Day weekend sale - 20% off everything. I'm getting competition chaps (10-ply), all-in-one helmet, and chainsaw gloves for a little over $100.

http://www.labonville.com/

I just stopped by at lunch and picked up a new chainsaw and a string trimmer. They have had sales in the past but this is the first time its includes saws and trimmers. One note is that the guy who runs the power equipment department said that he was planning on leaving early afternoon on Saturday so it you want toys, get there early. 20% off and no sales tax (in NH) and its effectively 25% off for folks from out of town.

I shoulda mentioned that the sale is also good for online purchases. I just put my order in and got a new bar and chain as well. Oregon PowerMatch 18" bar with pro 73 JG chain for $45, about the price of the bar alone elsewhere. Good time to stock up.

Looks like good stuff. What's the advantage of the wrap vs regular chaps?

precaud said:
Looks like good stuff. What's the advantage of the wrap vs regular chaps?

They supposedly stay in place better. I have tree trunk legs, so I'm a bit concerned the regular ones will keep sliding off to the side. They also protect the back of your calf and Achilles tendon area. I've never worn either type, so I'll have to see how I like them.

I have full wraps at home buy at work I wear regular chaps..I think I like the regular chaps better .They are a lot cooler but not as safe..

Status
Not open for further replies.