Weekend scrounging

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

laxin213

Burning Hunk
Sep 18, 2014
Buffalo NY
Did some cleanup on my land and also a friends too. I don't think all will be firewood but most will be, some is going to have to go in the burn pit. If it's lying on the ground and it's hard on all sides and after being bucked up both cut sides are firm enough you can't poke through them will most likely split and dry into firewood? Im hoping yes I'm going to make separate pile and see, nice to Hear some Opinions on too... 'm trying to save a lot of blown down stuff around me that in the past we would let rot because on a family farm we had 80 acres to choose from and now I've got about 7.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430682162.948573.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430682177.138475.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430682188.678261.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430682197.782597.jpg

Thanks.

As long as it doesn't turn to mush when you split it, it should be fine. I like your loading techniques ==c

Reactions: laxin213
that john deere looks like awesome fun!

I've had atvs and the Deere is a different beast. The Deere excels at chores and hauling gear. It has a dump and can tow. Atvs are much more narrow and work through the woods better, and atvs are better in the wet stuff and deep mud. The gator can and does frame out in the swampy really wet stuff, that's where a winch comes in. But the gator is a great luxury. I take my garbage out and get mail down my 1400' driveway, and haul firewood, mulch, etc and gear around great. In an ideal world I'd own both but I currently own the gator and do use it constantly.

Reactions: Hills Hoard
Gators are great fun.
I have a large ATV with a great trailer. I use it for hauling large loads all over the woods. I have yet to get stuck. Does a great job.

Status
Not open for further replies.