Weekend Storm?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are already talking about a 6incher Thursday. Last thing we need is a repeat of 10/11

I am so over this winter already.
Was nice to have a real winter, now ready for a real spring.
Going to be in the high 30's low 40's next few days, and I am happier than....
Play Geico music with banjo & guitar.... der din dang,
Happier than a cave man chomping on a raw steak!
Working on a new load of pole length to process. That, I do like doing. And do like it cooler out while processing. No gnats buzzing my head.

Reactions: ScotO and zap
Yes, the local weather is hinting snowstorm over the weekend, but not before another 4" here on wednesday. 1/2 the snow we got already melted. Heavy fog happening at the moment.

I hear we might have another 6 - 10 inches after this weekend from these storms. It looks like this will last through the end of February, I would be happy if it missed us so I could get some work done on some of the side hills that have some beech down once the snow is gone.

The wind is picking up here,must be our next storm coming in.

I am so over this winter already.
Was nice to have a real winter, now ready for a real spring.
Going to be in the high 30's low 40's next few days, and I am happier than....
Play Geico music with banjo & guitar.... der din dang,
Happier than a cave man chomping on a raw steak!
Working on a new load of pole length to process. That, I do like doing. And do like it cooler out while processing. No gnats buzzing my head.
With all these lows coming from the northwest it should make for a long last two weeks of February.

Attachments

• 9lh.gif
    9lh.gif
    152.6 KB · Views: 135
Good for you zap, more fun with the rhino! :D

I'm hoping for a really BIG snow, these little ones are lame-ass. Just one BIG storm, you know like 2-4 feet.....and a week or so of cold weather to keep it on the ground. Then a nice slow melt-off, to swell the trout streams for the spring. That's what I want.

In another three weeks I'll be totally ready for spring. But I'm still waiting for that big snowstorm here. It's been quite a while since we've had one.

Reactions: keninmich
I'm hoping for a really BIG snow, these little ones are lame-ass. Just one BIG storm, you know like 2-4 feet.....and a week or so of cold weather to keep it on the ground. Then a nice slow melt-off, to swell the trout streams for the spring. That's what I want.

In another three weeks I'll be totally ready for spring. But I'm still waiting for that big snowstorm here. It's been quite a while since we've had one.
For all your weather reports please check this site, best around.
http://www.theweatherrock.com/ ==c

That rock is better than some of the forecast that I've seen!

Reactions: ScotO
With all these lows coming from the northwest it should make for a long last two weeks of February.

We aren't sending them. They be lovegrams from Alaska. Thank Sarah.

I only hope that if this storm does come up this way it comes in later rather than earlier . . . driving to Manchester on Friday, flying on Saturday and friends are flying down to meet us in Puerto Rico on Sunday . . . as long as no flights are canceled.

Reactions: tfdchief and zap
Nothing exciting in our forecast at all. Maybe I'll take that snow blade off anyway.

Reactions: zap
Nothing exciting in our forecast at all. Maybe I'll take that snow blade off anyway.
Take that blade off Sav, you need the snow. When it was warm here I took ours off, woke up one morning with about 14 inches of snow, been snowing since.

The worst year we ever had concerning snow we ran out of room for plowing, the only thing I could do was plow it where the driveway goes to the front of the house, half of that was filled before it stopped snowing that year.

I am doing my snow dance :p

Thursday storm never materialized. the snow from last week has melted over half already. Today we are going to hit the 50s, then the temps crash over the weekend and we will get snow tomorrow night and back down to the single digits Sunday night.

crazy!

We lost more snow this week than we received, the temps will drop starting tomorrow for about three days.

Yeah. I saw some shots from Boston today and the sidewalks and streets were clear and dry.

Yeah the deep freeze is on the way tonight. Raining for the last two hours turning to a little snow later. When the moisture climbing up the coast gets to New England it should make more snow than here.

30f and flurries right now. Consensus is we get another 3in of snow late tonight. No biggie.

Great we were getting low on snow here and I am sick of electricity lol..

Ray

Flurries on and off all day but nothing stuck so far, ground is too warm.

51F today. The leaves are starting to break out on early plants. But cool tonight, so wake up the stove in the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.