Weekend Work/ update

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

leftyscott

Apr 6, 2009
arkansas
Decided to treat myself to a new saw blade for my 036... expected Santa to bring me one but it never happened. Threw the chaps on and trudged down into my 50 acres (too muddy for the atv)

I'm cutting up trees that fell in last year's ice storm. What makes it great is the roots came out as well. So I have about 10 red oaks laying horizontal about 3 feet off the ground.

Talk about easy cutting.... no bending at all. It was the best cutting I ever did. I was in chainsaw nirvana.
I counted 80 nice size rounds on the ground when I finally ran her dry. Would have had more but I also did quite a bit of limbing as well. I try to cut and use anything at least 2" wide, even though it'll be a bit of a pain to gather them up to haul out.

Can't wait for it to dry out a bit so I can get the RANGER down there.

Sorry, no pics yet.

Hauled 2 loads out with the ranger. Almost got stuck in the mud on the last trip so I may need to do some path repairs. Got some serious ruts to deal with.

036 is a fun saw, like to see some pic's. of this woods..

Lefty, I just love to cut wood like that! When it is horizontal and off the ground, that means no bending and no worries about pinching the saw. I could cut like that all day!

Backwoods Savage said:
Lefty, I just love to cut wood like that! When it is horizontal and off the ground, that means no bending and no worries about pinching the saw. I could cut like that all day!

That would be nice. Had a large silver maple that the top held the trunk off the ground about 3 feet. That was the only tree I have ever got lucky on.

It is nice when they are out of the dirt. I had one that was a little to high for comfort this summer, a huge cherry that was about shoulder height. I was worried about it falling on me and pinching. Eventually I was able to pull it apart with my ATV and a chain and then things got easier. There is a fine line, off the ground, but not too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.