Weekend Work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SolarAndWood said:
There was one section of a balsam stand where it looked like a tornado touched down. It was probably 1/4 acre all fresh blown down in the same direction like a field of dominoes. Other than that, some ash, birch and sugar maple. Need to find a little time and take the tractor up there.

Always something when you own land, have you had the tractor up at camp before?

zap

We had a bigger 2WD utility tractor up there for a while but sold it a couple years ago. It was better at its original job in the orchard than up there in the woods. I think we'll be better off with the smaller 4WD. I want to keep the roads tight in the woods.

OK i have to ask what is "shoulder season " havent seen this terminoligy????

estang said:
"shoulder season "

I hadn't heard of it either. It is before or after the real heating season.

estang said:
OK i have to ask what is "shoulder season " havent seen this terminoligy????

Shoulder season = Fall and Spring . . . the time of year when us 24/7 burners usually aren't burning 24/7 but are instead doing one or two fires each day . . . fires during this time of year when it is warm one day and then cold the next or warm during the day but cold at night generally are short, hot fires designed to take the chill out of the air . . . often we use our "junk wood" (for me this is my chunks, punks and uglies (chunks = short pieces of wood, punks = wood that is a bit punky on the outside and uglies = wood that did not split up nice and clean).

Status
Not open for further replies.