Weekend Work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Looks like this weekend I'll be clearing a trail to the beech on the side of the hill in picture number four, on the way in I have this beech and cherry I need to buck up so I can get in with the rhino.

Down the hill on the left of the first beech is a sugar maple down but I'm not sure if I can get to it in the winter.

zap

Attachments

• 100_0480.jpg
    100_0480.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 238
  • 100_0481.jpg
    100_0481.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 249
  • 100_0482.jpg
    100_0482.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 239
  • 100_2431.jpg
    100_2431.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 224
Eye Candy! Be safe when cutting up that hanging tree

Hey Zap do you ever quit and take a brake?? Seem like your always got something to cut. I wish I had that much land I would be doing the same thing.

stejus said:
Eye Candy! Be safe when cutting up that hanging tree

stejus, the cherry will be winched down then bucked up then I'll fell what is standing.

zap

estang said:
Hey Zap do you ever quit and take a brake?? Seem like your always got something to cut. I wish I had that much land I would be doing the same thing.

Gotta get it before it's rotten, plus once I open up this trail I'll have access on this ridge. This summer looks like break time.

zap

Zap, I sure wish I had some of your beech on our place. We used to have a huge one but it finally died. Now all we have are some very young trees that we'll never get the benefit from. Same thing with the hickory; ours is really small.

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, I sure wish I had some of your beech on our place. We used to have a huge one but it finally died. Now all we have are some very young trees that we'll never get the benefit from. Same thing with the hickory; ours is really small.

Sav, it looks like some colder weather coming in for the third week of January so we will be burning the beech and sugar maple and not the cherry. We usually burn cherry during the day with the sugar maple or beech for the overnight burn.

If you lived in the area you could come and help yourself to some beech.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.