Weird Problem with my Harman P-68

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaskaCub

Apr 4, 2008
Interior Alaska
All right, first off this pellet stove is absolutely a dream, it heats our home so quickly that its incredible. We are using it as supplemental heat and it does that and then some at an impressive rate. However a few times now we have had something weird happen. You walk over and turn the room temp/stove temp L-H knob to room temp about half way between low and high and you walk away. All of a sudden you look over and the pellets are starting to overflow the pot, and when you open the little access panel door it shows that the ignitor isn't on or anything else? One time it did this and when it lit it literally flashed over inside staining the door glass black. The second time I caught it and just scooped the pellets down into the ash bin and turned the stove off. When this weird stuff is happening I can touch the knob or turn the knob towards low or high and its like I can wiggle it and then all the lights come on and everything works. The stove isn't brand new, its a few years old. Has anyone ever seen anything like this before? Its almost like the switch or circuit board has a bad connection if I had to guess. Anyway, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

One thing you could try first:
Unplug the stove and rotate the control knob back and forth a few times.
Sounds like it has a dead spot or dirty. (Like a noisy volume control)

We have had a few issues with the same pot.
Not happy because it is new.
Seems to be working fine now.

Like slink said, the control board could be defective.
Good Luck!

Sounds like the control broke off the board.Not sure if it is wired or soldered direct,if it is direct,have someone resolder it if you cant

Status
Not open for further replies.