Weird stove pipe adapter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shmodaddy

Burning Hunk
Sep 12, 2011
So IL
OK I spend most my time on here in the boiler forum but a very good friend and I went to look at a wood stove for his "cabin" off of CL. The stove needs some cleanup and stuff that he's not too worried about but has a strange adapter that comes out the top to connect the stove pipe to. Its rectangular in shape 3.5 inches wide by 14 inches long theni goes to an 8 inch flue. Sorry no pics he didn't buy the stove because I've never seen one and neither has he. It looks like a floor register vent duct adapter but made out of heavy gauge black stove pipe. Also no real info on the stove I couldn't find a manufacturer name on it anywhere. Thanks all. Any help appreciated in advance.

What is your concern? From the size of the adapter, the stove needs an 8" flue.

Sorry should have proof read ...... the "odd" adapter it rusted / burned out. Where can I find one? I've looked on line and called locally. Have any of you seen an adapter like that.

Any half decent sheetmetal shop should be able to make one.

Rectangular means square corners. Is it OVAL ? If so, Ace Hardware has oval to round adapters.

Yes its rectangular squared corners!! I am somewhat familiar with the ovals. I be never seen one like this but'm no expert by no means...lol. thank-you for you all's help.

I think your talking about a transition duct. You can buy them at servicesales.

9S31214.jpg

http://www.servicesales.com/silent-flame-transition-duct-9s31214-p-119.html

$154.00 !! :eek:

Holy shnikies yeah that is more than they are asking for the stove . Clean up and the cost of that piece plus the other installation costs are turning us off on that stove. Hey thanks alot to all that helped! !!

Status
Not open for further replies.