weird thing with PDV

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cdodge04

Oct 7, 2008
Belfast, Maine
Every say 1 to 5 minutes my stove makes a roaring sound...almost sounds like the dreaded sound the guys with woodstoves don't want to hear. I know it's not that though because it only last about 5 seconds and I've taken my vent pipe out and looked in it and there is always a little bit of pellet crap in there...anyone have any ideas?

like a rumble?, try this, remove the OAK right at the back of the stove , with stove up and running and teh rumblehappening, take a piece of duct tape or silver tape,(cold air intake so no hazard) cover about 1/4th of the intake tube on the stove , if rumble is still there cover a wee bit more, if the flame gets lazy you covered too much. once you find the "sweet spot" the rumble will be gone and stove will still burn clean. at that point renstall the OAK right over the tape which you leave in the intake.

Status
Not open for further replies.