Welcome back welcome backkkk welcome back Mo heat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

Lots going on around here in mid summer. Hot ashes flying out of the ash can. Cheer up we already solved all the world affairs.
Eric is still stacking mountains of wood.. BB still sharp with a retort. Dylan is missing in action.. The spell checker does not work so I miss Dylan corrections. I feel guilty about eating red meat. or any meat at all. I wonder is fish is ok especially if I catch it?
The cat vs non cat is arguement has never been resolved. Al gore has become my new hero, Sorry Arnold.
Finally found a use for all that duct tape and plastic GWB advised me to buy. Makes a decent top cover for my wood pile.
A week has gone buy without a kennedy car accident. Harry still has not been converted into a liberal. ( yet)

Warren is on thJersey shore soaking up the sun rays. BEgreen is standing on a solid foundation. Criag is living back in his late teens he has taken to carpentry tools. Webwidow has actively found the forum to check up to what Craig has been up to. Me I'm going golfing soon

Thanks elk. I'll try to post some new pics (over in the Perfect Picture forum) I took recently with my newly acquired, and free (the best kind), camera. My first roll was a bit off on exposure and my focusing and F-stop performance was rusty (along with setting the ASA wrongly), so the next roll should be a bit better (it's a film camera--beggers can't be choosers).

I'm also trying to catch up on my reading, so posts may be sparce for a couple more weeks, but seems like there is no shortage of posting going on around here.

I noticed some fantastic photos of a new Tulikivi install. Wow. Nice. I hope that halfbarnranch dude gives us some more photos (those on his photo site are fantastic) and burning info this winter with that thing roaring. That is one of my dream stoves that I hope to own one day.

I'll be headed out on another vacation this Sunday, for a couple weeks. Colorado for a few days and visit some relatives in Kansas on the way, and also on the way back home.

Hopefully, everyone is behaving themselves while I've been slacking. ;)

elkimmeg said:
Lots going on around here in mid summer. Hot ashes flying out of the ash can. Cheer up we already solved all the world affairs.
Eric is still stacking mountains of wood.. BB still sharp with a retort. Dylan is missing in action.. The spell checker does not work so I miss Dylan corrections.

Just returned from a day and night in Newport - Went on a sailing cruise, ate at a fine Italian place and then biked all over the island and took more chimney pictures - hundreds of good ones there!

Dylan? He seemed to be having some posting problems.......I assurred him things were OK on this end.

Spelling checker should be upgraded within 48 hours.

MountainStoveGuy said:
what part of colorado are you heading to?

Colorado Springs.
Then going to take in a Cardinals/Rockies game at the Denver stadium.
Then up to Estes Park for a couple days.

elkimmeg said:
Eric is still stacking mountains of wood.. BB still sharp with a retort. Dylan is missing in action.. The spell checker does not work so I miss Dylan corrections. I feel guilty about eating red meat. or any meat at all. I wonder is fish is ok especially if I catch it?
The cat vs non cat is arguement has never been resolved. Al gore has become my new hero, Sorry Arnold.
Finally found a use for all that duct tape and plastic GWB advised me to buy. Makes a decent top cover for my wood pile.
A week has gone buy without a kennedy car accident. Harry still has not been converted into a liberal. ( yet)

Warren is on thJersey shore soaking up the sun rays. BEgreen is standing on a solid foundation. Criag is living back in his late teens he has taken to carpentry tools. Webwidow has actively found the forum to check up to what Craig has been up to. Me I'm going golfing soon

Elk , how often doyou get to play golf? Seems like your always working.

this is a round about answer and a little bragging here, but I am one very competive guy
Athletetically you may beat me once or twice but do not count on it being a common occurance. In high school I was a four sport state allstar
Baseball hockey football and golf. They allowed me to play golf and baseball in the same season. Football was my weakest sport due to size, a scatt back with very quick burst outside, I did not play my senior year. I concentrated on hockey, the area where most scollarships were comming from. Again size was an issue but incrediable speed and quickness compensated for my lack in size. Golf because I was the state school boy medalist. Baseball eventually faded Nobody wanted a 5'7" player. No matter what I did scouts were not interested. So I went to a division one college and played hockey and golf, Even then at 5'7" division one was a streech
However when I was on the ice goals found a way into the net. I ended up on the highest scouring line in the nation and quite a few left my stick. I had a little speed and dangerous enough that opposing teams had no answer for that speed in open ice. This open up the ice for my other line mates. I had pro scouts tell me I was the most gifted skater the ever saw but I was too small for the pro game. In 1972 I was the last person cut fron the 1972 Soporo Japan silver metal olympics team. why size? Many of my former teammates claim it was a mistake. olympic rinks are larger than N Americam rinks and speed is a premium, that speed can not substitute. They claim my speed would have been the difference, when playing the gold medalist Russians. It would have forced them deaper in the defensive zone and forced turn overs. Glory days glory days are long gone behind me now. I play two night a week wed and thurs in golf leagues that's it. Honestly almost no one knows of my past hockey talent. Too many generations have arrived and it has been long forgotten. Every now and then I hear I heard you were a pretty good hockey player thanks and a grin for reminding me.

Webmaster said:
Just returned from a day and night in Newport - Went on a sailing cruise, ate at a fine Italian place and then biked all over the island and took more chimney pictures - hundreds of good ones there!

Hey, I thought I saw you in Newport! :lol:

I was up there with the boat for the past 5 days, racing at NYYC Race Week. I bet you had dinner at Sardella's, up by the Tennis hall of fame, best Italian in Newport... we ate there for dinner on Sunday. The Salamboca Romana was excellent, as always!

We should have had a Hearth raft up.

-- Mike

Mo, have a great time!, i live 12 miles south west of estes park. If you happen to travel through boulder, you should stop by the store i work at. We have over 250,000 SKU's in a 70,000 square foot building. Its a very cool place to look at just about anything you think you would need. Estes Park is calming down, this time of year is the best for that place. If you plan on Hiking try wild basin on the south side of the park. No traffic, and its better hiking.

I've been to estes park before!! I should have stopped in for a visit MSG! haha

Of course, I was 12 the last time I was there, so I don't think that I was on the hearth forum yet.

My aunt lives in Parker and the last time I went to stay with her, we were planning on heading to Estes again, but instead we spent an extra few days in South Dakota.

Webmaster said:
elkimmeg said:
Eric is still stacking mountains of wood.. BB still sharp with a retort. Dylan is missing in action.. The spell checker does not work so I miss Dylan corrections.

Dylan? He seemed to be having some posting problems.......I assurred him things were OK on this end.

Spelling checker should be upgraded within 48 hours.

Everytime I post, when I hit the Submit button nothing "appears" to happen, though actually the post has worked. When I hit submit again it tells me in red at the top that the post can't be accepted. If I go back to the thread, the post is there.

Maybe this is what Dylan is experiencing. This started last week.

Estes Park is a great place. My wife & I spent our 2nd or 3rd anniversary there. Great bed and breakfast think it was called Windsong or something like that. We want to go back and stay at the Stanley some time.

Estes park is nutso this time of year, but it is beautifull. Wild Basin and allenspark is a little secrete place that has one of the best trail heads in RMNP. Next time your here, check it out. There is a fantastic cafe, the allenspark lodge is one of the top b&b's in the state, and the scnenry is awesome. But the best thing is, a fraction of the traffic.

Status
Not open for further replies.