Welcome to Our New Sponsors

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Johnson

Mod Emeritus
Nov 18, 2005
Central NYS
I'd like to take this opportunity at the dawn of a new year to thank everyone for their excellent contributions to this site, and to thank and recognize our sponsors, some of whom are new to the Boiler Room in 2009. You might have noticed that the banners now "roll," meaning that the ad changes from page view to page view. Cozy Heat, an EKO, Tarm, Biomass and Attack DP dealer from Michigan, now shares the top banner position with Alternative Heating of North America (AHONA), an EKO and Biomass dealer from New York State. I know Mark from AHONA and Dave from Cozy Heat, and from my experience with them, both are excellent dealers.

On the bottom banner, Alternative Heating Systems (AHS), manufacturer of the famous Wood Gun gasification boiler, is sharing the space with Alternative Fuel Boilers, AKA Econoburn. I know the fine, dedicated folks at Econoburn. I can tell you that they're truly committed to quality and domestic manufacturing. And although I don't know anyone at AHS personally, they're based (and their boilers are manufactured) in Pennsylvania and the company has been on the alternative heating scene for many decades. I'm familiar with the quality of their products through my work on the sawmilling side of the forest products industry, where they are a longstanding and respected supplier of wood-burning equipment.

And rounding out the bottom banner space is Greenwood Corp., which not only sells its classic refractory-based gasification boiler, but a cleaner-burning OWB and an indoor pellet-burning boiler as well. Nice lineup.

Please take a moment to check out what all our sponsors have to offer--whether you're shopping for a boiler or furnace, looking for parts or supplies, or simply curious about what's on the market. I know you'll be impressed with how far the technology has come, and with the product lineup these companies have to offer.

Our webmaster, Craig Issod, agreed to let us start the Boiler Room forum just over a year ago, in November of 2007, when there were about half a dozen boiler owners who belonged to Hearth.com, which until that point was primarily a wood stove/pellet stove/firewood website. I think the fact that we've logged more than 3,000 threads and helped so many people (myself included) during that time, speaks to the quality of the people this site has managed to attract. I guess we can thank the Internet and Google, in part, for that.

But I want to thank you--whether you're a contributing member or advertiser--for your contributions and support over the past year. I think 2009 is going to be even better, and I'm looking forward to getting down to the nitty-gritty of central wood heat with all of you.

Very nice, Eric...very nice. Rick

It's great to be getting more sponsors and more input of different units. I'm glad that AHS is on board as I'd love to hear more from users. The wood gun was my first choice but because of the changing dealer system and price increase I ended up with the eko from cozy heat. Both were very good and informative. I'm very happy with my eko but I think the woodgun will fit some peoples situation. I really suggest that every one that is thinking about a gasifier to go to these dealers and manu. and study all there pro's and con's and if you can go and see them in operation.
leaddog

I contacted just about every brand of gassifier, this site and their advertising on this site, made that happen. And having this board has been a wealth of knowledge. Learned a lot, now I am going to be able to put it to use in the next couple of weeks.

The Boiler Room is great. Thank you to those who got it going, all those who contribute so much of their knowledge, and to the sponsors.

I was glad to see AHONA now at the top of the page. I can personally vouch for their commitment to their customers. Mark is a first class gentleman and he will go far beyond the call of duty to help in any way he can. I purchased both my EKO 40 and a 500 gal propane tank (which by the way are all modified to suit your needs.)

The journey there was an epic, as we had a couple of breakdowns with truck and trailer as we pulled in. He had us loaded and rolling in no time.

Anyone who has the good fortune to deal with AHONA is in good hands. Thanks again for everything Mark, Happy New Year

Sorry guys I gotta wipe the teer outa my eye and say THANKS to the people that contribute to this site,THANKS to the web master,THANKS to the quality sponsers that make this possible..If you can judge a man by his friends this site brings us all up a notch THANK YOU ALL..Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.