well dont know if I will be able to get the QF 4300ST, thinking of maybe the Hearthstone Mansfield i

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jman

Jun 4, 2008
Central Maine
Well my stove dealer is telling me that Quadra Fire dosnt have a clue when they will be able to ship out a 4300 Step Top for me. So this leaves me thinking about some other stoves. I like the looks of the Hearth Stone mansfield Soap Stone, my home is around 1500 sf, I know that the mansfield is rated at 2500sf along with the QF. I know that it is over kill for my home but Id rather it be a little to warm on those below 0 nights in winter, and I want at least 8--10 hr burn times. yhe mansfield has a 3 cf box bigger then the quad so I should be able to get an even longer burn out of her. Plus from what Ive been reading the soapstone is a more even heat so Im thinking this might help me out in the long run with it being a bigger stove then I actualy need. Plus it takes a 21 inch stick most of my wood is around 20 inches. What are every ones opinions. Would love to hear from any Mansfield owners on how they like there stoves and if Im going way overbored with the mansfield. I dont mind a 80+deg house when its 10 below out side. my home was bilt in 1987, has 2/6 walls 8' celings.

We have a QF 4300 st and I like it but in the situation you describe I would get the mansfield soap stone....bigger is always better imo. Hell you live in Maine for crying out loud it colder there than in coastal Alaska.

That is probabley what Ill end up doing. I would still like to hear from any Mansfield owners, and what they thinkabout there stove

jman
I have the Mansfield heating my 1700 sf home and am very happy with it. It throws out a nice gentle heat that doesn't blow you out of the room. It takes a while to figure out how to run it correctly but once you get the hang of it - it's great.

The 80* temps don't bother me either, you can always crack open a window if it gets too warm. I went for the bigger stove for those wicked cold nights and it keeps up pretty well.

Thanks for the input Redoak! please keep them coming guys. The more opinions the better

Do a search in this forum for "Mansfield" and you will find plenty of posts.

MarkG

I don't think I've read a bad word about the Mansfield. In your climate I would expect the stove to work well. You can burn softwood and/or small loads during the shoulder seasons, but will appreciate the long burns with hardwood in the winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.