Well fun

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

knightjohannes

Dec 31, 2008
Maine
So, that 4" grinder that I bought to finish off the patio project worked double duty. It cut a nice hole in the platform for my pellet stove, then finally I got around to cutting the hole in the floor. Now this winter my intake will be from the basement - not from the outside. Seemed just too darned cold for us, and windy, so hopefully we'll limit our problems with that this year. Still waiting for a couple items before I can finish my reinstall for this season, but the snow has only flown once.

Will try and make some pictures of the new intake route as I can.

Anyone else switch from outside intake to internal and have success? I'm hoping that I do, or at least gain some consistency.

Geez... how did you get drafts with a sealed OAK? Just wondering...

krooser said:
Geez... how did you get drafts with a sealed OAK? Just wondering...

I was getting surges of air in the OAK. We get horrific winds on the north side of the house, despite the huge arborvitae we have on that side. It's always been windy and created terrible change in pressure on things. And since I have a basement just under the stove, I thought a consistent pressure would be better. At least it wouldn't hurt! :) We'll see soon enough!

OK... makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.