Well here it is....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Creekheat

Feeling the Heat
Feb 2, 2014
Ny
Break in fires will start in a day or two.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 360
You might have some draft issues with the chimney coming out the side like that. ;lol

That's a beautiful hearth and install. Good luck!

Reactions: Ashful
Turn the iPhone sideways. In their infinite wisdom, Apple assumed that websites would turn the pics for them.

Reactions: Creekheat
Nice! Be prepared to open some windows. We had a lot of fumes and smoke from the paint offgassing on ours.

That's what I'm told.our installer recommended letting it sit for 1 day before doing anything. Where it's been so cold and it's been sitting in the warehouse this will let the cast iron acclimate. He had been installing wood stoves for 22 years so he gave us all kinds of little tips and tricks. Can't wait to get started!

:cool:sweet !

I don't know why all my pics post sideways lol
If your taking them on your phone hold it so the home button is to the right then try posting again

Apple assumed that websites would turn the pics for them.
... and there you go, falling down on the job, again. ;lol

Beautiful install. Let's get a photo with some fire in it!

I assume you've been hanging around here long enough, you're ready for those break-in fires, with smoke detectors removed and windows open? Sending wife and kids out of the house for the afternoon can help keep the complaints down, too.

Reactions: Swedishchef
Well, you have to tell us your plan, if you want critique. Obviously, follow the manual, which typically specifies incrementally larger fires each time, allowing the stove to cool between fires. Of course, it's a bigger issue for cast iron stoves, and it looks like you have a mostly steel F55?

Do expect some paint off-gassing, as you reach each new high temperature. Most folks aim to have three or four break-in fires, first being 300F max, last being 650F max.

Yes, the F55 should only need the moisture driven out of the firebrick. It's a steel stove in a cast-iron tux. One or two small breakin fires should be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.