Well, I broke down.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AnalogKid

Burning Hunk
Oct 22, 2012
CT
Lit the first fire of the season about 40mins ago. House was 68 degrees and comfortable, but I was just itching to fire it up. I have had my stove loaded and ready to go for a couple weeks now, I guess I held off as long as I could.

Burning a load of chunks and uglies, a total potpourri of wood. Have some cedar, maple, locust, birch, and dogwood in there. :) She's rolling nice, top-temp right at 550*.

Life is good.
bamary9e.jpg

Nice ... and clearly the dog approves.

P.S. it got down to 55 in the house last night and the wife thought that was nice n comfortable.

I won't get to light up until it hits the 40s

Reactions: AnalogKid
55 and 68 you are all crazy;). I lite up no cooler than 72. I guess I could stand 68 degrees but ever since I got my lopi I'm used to running around the house naked:eek:

Reactions: webby3650
When it hits 66 in here (or will if I don't do something,) I light one off. Been burning a fire the last four nights. Tomorrow the big chill moves in; Highs 50, lows 30 for several days. !!!

Reactions: webby3650
Status
Not open for further replies.