Well....I gone done it...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jc5922

Nov 8, 2011
East Kentucky
I broke down and bought the Lennox/Country Stove Performer C-210 this morning. I've odered the offset box, and am in the process of ordering the liner. If I can get get all of my parts by Friday, I'll have the stove delivered and then I'll try and get it installed. Don't know though, the offset box is coming from the west coast. Might not make it by Friday, especially with the holiday. If the guy from Chimney Liner Depot doesn't call me back he's going to lose a sell...

Way to go.
Pictures as soon as the install begins,
we love install pictures :)
Got some dry wood ready to burn?

I'll have step by step pics. I'm gonna have to do some engineering on the hearth since it's not flush with the firebox opening, but I have a plan with some angle iron. I'm having some real issues with what to do at the top of my chimney. It's triple wall stove pipe...large. Inside diameter is 9 and 3/4". Only the second wal goes above the roof line, about 12 inches, and it's outside diameter is 13 and a 1/4". I don't really have the money to have something custum made so I'm trying to come up with something.

I've got about a half of truckload of 3 year season sycamore. Then it'll be sub par wood. I've got access to free slab from a sawmill, and I think it'll dry a little quicker so that's what I'll go to. I start cuttiing this weekend....

jc5922 said:
I'll have step by step pics. I'm gonna have to do some engineering on the hearth since it's not flush with the firebox opening, but I have a plan with some angle iron. I'm having some real issues with what to do at the top of my chimney. It's triple wall stove pipe...large. Inside diameter is 9 and 3/4". Only the second wal goes above the roof line, about 12 inches, and it's outside diameter is 13 and a 1/4". I don't really have the money to have something custum made so I'm trying to come up with something.

I've got about a half of truckload of 3 year season sycamore. Then it'll be sub par wood. I've got access to free slab from a sawmill, and I think it'll dry a little quicker so that's what I'll go to. I start cuttiing this weekend....

Ummmmmmmm........ what are you cutting? I hope that sycamore has been cut/split/stacked for the 3 yrs. you mentioned otherwise it's not really considered 'seasoned'.

Yeah, the half of truck load of sycamore has been cut and stacked in the dry for 3 years, but it's only a half a truck load. After that I'm gonna go to the slab next, probably won't be seasoned very well, if at all. I'll be lucky if I can get some slab that's been cut for 3 to 6 months. I'm perfectly aware of my wood shortcomings right now, but by the end of December I'll have 3 years worth of wood cut.

Here's a few pics of what the top of chimney looks like....yuck.

Attachments

• Resampled_2011-11-10_17-22-41_922.jpg
    Resampled_2011-11-10_17-22-41_922.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 205
  • Resampled_2011-11-10_17-22-52_131.jpg
    Resampled_2011-11-10_17-22-52_131.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 190
  • Resampled_2011-11-10_17-23-20_159.jpg
    Resampled_2011-11-10_17-23-20_159.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 215
Shari said:
jc5922 said:

Ummmmmmmm........ what are you cutting? I hope that sycamore has been cut/split/stacked for the 3 yrs. you mentioned otherwise it's not really considered 'seasoned'.
Wait....Sycamore dries fast!!!!! I cut some last November and it is dry as a bone. You have to tell us more about the chimney. And what did the Lennox/Country Stove Performer C-210 go in?

Status
Not open for further replies.