Well I Have my Timbren Suspension Kit Installed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JayD

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Aug 22, 2007
35 miles north of detroit
Installed my Timbren kit on my 1995 dodge ram. I did not even have to jack it up installs real easy about 20 mins per side. I did not have the suggested 1" clearance between the rubber spring and pad only 1/2" {Leaf springs have so sag to them} thats with my fiberglass tonneau on the truck that will be removed. I put enough weight in so they were in contact with the rubber timbrens and did a test drive over some RR track and bumps, They sure firm the suspension up! {I should have no problem hauling a good load now thats for sure} :) I do think some new shock are in order for the frount as I do get a bit of dive when it hit the breaks but no bad. Can't remember when they were changed last so there do. Just thought I would give you an update. Jay

Mine came this week. I hope to get them installed today. It looks like I'll have about 1.25" clearance.

I ordered mine from Ken's Auto in Holyoke, MA. Sweet deal with fast free shipping.

Load em up and get some PICTURES!!!!!

Is this an add-a-leaf kit or a helper spring kit? I'm thinking about adding some helper springs to my 1500 Ram. How much did they set you back?

Mine work great loaded so long as you have enough load in the bed to firmly plant the timbrens against the axle. Otherwise you get the bouncies. For my half ton, the required planting load is about 500 lbs.

kevin j said:
they are all over ebay.....
will like to hear your reports on how they work loaded.

k

It may be a week or two before I get a load on the truck. I have some wood to move, but have company coming soon. eBay reference is how I got the direct contact info for Ken's Auto, $167.50 shipping included.

I have been using a pair on the front of my Chevy for years now. They keep the front end from diving when I lift my plow. I never put a pair in back(I have coil over load leveler shocks). They definately did the trick in front. The front end dropped several inches prior to installation, now maybe an inch. I have not noticed a negligible difference in ride quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.