Well I`ll BeGreen what`s happening to our climate? COLD

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRanger

Nov 19, 2007
British Columbia
Man oh Man: here on Southern Van. Isle it`s been 40f or 25f for the past 2 weeks. Dam`n cold for around here. And tonight and tomorrow night we get -4 and -5C. Ain`t that wood heat sweet though,heh? Can`t be much different in Wash.State me wouldn`t think. Read your thoughts about all that nice hardwood laying about in the Eastern States. Hey, we still get bargains here. last March I scored 5 full cords of Western Red Cedar for $250 :lol: And hey, that was when our dollar was only worth 95cents US-lol.Now that I have some of that good stuff, maybe caution people, specially the newbies to burn that dry stuff with caution. Take care my friend, and hey, Love This Forum--been using wood heat for 35 years-and probably no surprise to you-still learning..Age Doesn`t Always Make Us Wiser,Just Makes Us Read More To Hopefully Become Wiser.....AND STAY SAFE!!

Stuff that broken down old PE insert with red cedar and I will be able to see the fireball on the East Coast of the U.S.

Brother Bart: good to hear from you again. Hey, you know I just today read that crap on the intro to forums. Didn`t read it before I started posting. You know the crap about "don`t make a nuisance of yourself" get away, take a break once in awhile etc.Hell, I like to hear from the familiar voices on this forum. Hey, no chit man. If I put a bunch of that cedar in the insert when she is burning okay, NO LIE, It will go from 250 to 500+ in about 20 minutes. Just Cooks!! And hey, it is not a piece of old junk, no creasote, no smirred glass. Man, I can go outside and look up at the chimney-when my new gadget thermometer says 350 and no smoke. Mind you that gadget is front mounted, so it is probably really about 550-lol. Nope, just looks like heat rising from the pavement on a hot summer`s day. And to the MOD`S -I like to hear from people that have posted as much as Brother Bart, he is not an irritant to me, rather an asset. Even if he does insult my PE that is supposed to last a lifetime. Sales,Sales,Sales-what more can I say- :)

SIBC you wouldnt happen to have a twin brother in the USA that lives in CT and drives a red sports car with 200 pallets and a 30lb sledge in his driveway would ya?

Hey" Northof60--nyet,nyet nine--Do have a Sis that lives in Fort St James. And when she tells me that when she is late for work, you never run-freeze your lungs. Therefore, I wonder how you can even walk around where you are and still be breahing?? :blank: But since you are alive and well you must be fibbing about your heat. Only a PE Summit could handle that kind of weather-lol.. just kidding. love those guys, their factory is just 20 klicks from my place. And ya,ya, even my sister tells me what a whiner for complaining about -5C. So we live in God`s country. So just be envious-lol

Hi Sonny,
We must be close to each other...I'm only about 15 km away from the PE factory. Never thought I'd use that as a reference and yah, it's really cold. I've had people that live up north come down here and they say that the cold temps here feel much colder than the really cold temps up there because in the north it tends to be quite dry. I have no intention of ever finding that out!

Status
Not open for further replies.