well I ran out of pellets on my Castile.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish On

Feeling the Heat
Oct 19, 2009
The other Cape..
Woke this morning and stove was off, started to freak out. After you read these forum enough you think the worst case scenario.

Well I ran out of pellets, can't believe that I forgot to fill the hopper before I went to bed. Loaded it it up again this morning and she started to work and then died out.

Did not have time to fuss with it because we got snow and wanted to ride my sled.

So came home did a good cleaning and pressed reset button to make sure it would load burn pot!

Good to go! man I was freaking out because it has been so toasty in the house.

Attachments

• IMG_0141.jpg
    IMG_0141.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 274
The installers for my Santa Fe (same engine as your Castile) told me to take a handfull of pellets and drop them right in the burnpot if I was starting from an empty stove. That way you only have to hit the restart button once, and the stove has enough to work with until the auger gets the new pellets up to the top of the chute.

But don't you get that "something's wrong" feeling when you wake in the middle of the night and don't hear the clink of pellets dropping?<G>

Status
Not open for further replies.