Well I think its confirmed there is alot of supply

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my area there even doing 1 ton deliveries.I bought my Lg's back in may for 239.90 a ton plus 33 for delivery.

As we all know there was an awful lot of panic buying of both the pellet stoves and the pellets last season due to the every increasing and inflated costs of fuel oil the year before. For qute some time we all watched with disgust as the price of oil/per barrel kept going stupid and the worst part is it was all total BS. Greed ruled the stock market as well as gross corruption and it led to thoughts of self-preservation on our part.

Now we're left with pretty much the "die-hard" pellet users who realize that it's more than just saving money, it's a good way to provide heat and help in so many other ways. Changing all your incandescent bulbs to CFL's, purchasing more efficient and "Energy-Star" rated appliances, adding insulation, sealing cracks, improving ones energy use habits, etc., etc., etc. It really does make a difference.

After "locking-in" with a fuel oil company the past several years, our contract was due for renewal this month. I called them and politely told them that I was not renewing, to cancel our account and I insisted that they send me something on paper to confirm it. I spoke with two different representatives who both tried their best to convince me to stay with them and asked me why we are cancelling our account. I simply told them "Because you overcharged us last year." We were on the "CAP" program which put our highest charge at $3.32.9 per gallon, but would also get the lower price when and if the market price was lower on the day of delivery. One delivery last January we were charged the CAP price of $3.32.9. I immediately called around and found local prices as low as $2.48.9. I called them to ask them why I was charged so much and they said (and I quote): "Well, that's you're price." Nice answer when on the same day their new customers were locking in well under $3.00 per gallon.

To all those who continue to use and enjoy your pellet stoves/furnaces - Kudos! We are not a part of the problem, we are a part of the solution.

Happy Heating!

Steve

mnkywrnch said:
In my area there even doing 1 ton deliveries.I bought my Lg's back in may for 239.90 a ton plus 33 for delivery.

I got the email yesterday about them now doing 1 ton deliveries to my area, but even with the $259.90 for Cleanfires, the $49 delivery makes them $309/ton......very high, IMO.

One interesting thing to note from the email too....they basically implied that they have PLENTY of pellets, and will be able to fill orders all winter if you run low.

Funny thing, I got a call a few days back from the place we bought our stove from this spring asking us if we were all set with our supply of pellets...I guess they're trying to unload excess stock. I wish I had the $$$ to buy up more for next year but even if I did, I'd hesitate to as I'd have to store them outside until next season.

I'm afraid that next year the suppliers will buy less and we'll be stuck with higher prices and less stock. It's going to be a pendulum swing thing until there's some stability in the market, I'm afraid.

Just re read the email woopellets.com sent and there it was 49 dollar delivery for 1 ton thats crazy.

Supposedly, the stock is good here on PEI as well. I asked my contact at the hardware store. She said they have a lot on hand right now and will be ordering more soon as well.

I'm going to try to buy only what I need for this season. Storing them in a humid basement was a bad idea. But, now I know to run that dehumidifier next season.

xbillyx said:
......I'm going to try to buy only what I need for this season. Storing them in a humid basement was a bad idea. But, now I know to run that dehumidifier next season.

Remember, the price is only going to stay this "low" until energy prices start rising, which could be at any time. Buy & store as much as you can NOW. Sort of a different take on "saving up for a rainy day".

Wow.... I had been planning on ordering the CleanFire Pacifics from pelletsales until all you folks started raving about Okanagans. I just placed my order for the Okis this afternoon. If I had seen the $20/ton price drop, that might have made me think twice..... (1.....2 ....) ok, I thought about it. I'll stick with the Okanagans anyway based on the raves you all have given them.

here in Cheeseland we have a good supply every year. I'm only on my third season with pellets but my buddy has been burning them for about 8 years and he's never been out of pellets... I guess we're lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.