Well I took it back(Century Hearth)and bought the Summers Heat(Englander-30).......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jfk4th

Minister of Fire
Feb 8, 2007
NY
Just after getting the deal of the year I returned the stove and bought the Summer Heat (Englander 30) from Lowes. I bought the Century Hearth last week for 299.00 and had it ready to go to drive up to my Dad's cabin today. But..... After talking to him today he convinced me to look up some more reviews by you guys on Hearth.com. Well naturally I took another hour or so and did the research. After looking at all the info from such good members as "Caz" for his Century Hearth and then reading the all the good stuff about the customer service for the Summers Heat and also the happiness from members with that stove I realized I had a big decision to make.

I called the last Lowes "near" me to see if they had one and immediately the salesman said no. But then he hesitated and said "Well let me check we have one wood stove left let me see what it is" He said to me "Sir are you talking about the 2,200 sq ft stove by Summer Heat?" I said yes and what can I do for you to hold it for me for 2 hours, plus I need you to take back my Century that has not been opened. He said I am here until 9 pm so you have it saved until I go home.

So I took my Dad for a drive to Springville, NY in after driving well over an hour in the snow I was it was there, the last Summers Heat in perfect condition. So I swapped and I am extremely happy. I think I would have been happy with the Century too but I feel like I made a better decision for my father that wanted the bigger firebox.

I am happy with all of the options with this stove and the manual is a real manual (unlike the Century 2 pager....)

This was a tough decision to make, it is like picking brunettes over blonds....both ways you win it is just what "flavor" you like I guess.

I thank everyone for their input on previous Century and England topics, this helped me a lot as I consider myself somewhat of an expert on Pacific Energy, Avavalon, or Quadra-fire but not on the Century or Englander.

I will send pics sometime soon as now I need to find help with this 455 lb beast in getting it in my Dads cabin. At least after I get it in the cabin it is just a matter of swapping stoves inside. We currently have an old airtight with no glass doors...Not very relaxing and no over night burn....cold.....

Cool, did ya get the 50% off on it?

Yes sir my friend, yes sir. $449.50! I think it was worth spending the extra 150 on this stove, especially after reading your answers to the question of Century or Summer Heat?

And I quote you the famous 'Hog....

"Englander, all the way. Customer support is here every day. That alone is worth even a couple hundred extra.
Isn’t Century part of CFM, who is part of VC? Given their customer support record lately. I would go with Englander, nuff said. Ugaa Bugga."

and

"Run don’t walk and get the damned Englander now, while you can."

Thanks fellow PE Summit and Summers Heat burner

Glad ya went for the Englander. I am so itching to get mine hooked up and fired up.
LMAO, like I need another huge stove LOL. It should heat my 750sf addition REALLLLLL well LMAO.
Of course I will get the heat circulated to the main part of house also, and if need be, crack the sliding door next to where she will be.
You made a good decision. If you had a question or problem, ain't no CFM rep here to get ahold of.
YOu were damn lucky to get that sucka. I curiously been checking the Lowes round here, they are all gone!!!!!!!!!
I struck at the right time, and am glad I didn't wait another day.
Ugga Bugga ;)

JFK said:
Just after getting the deal of the year I returned the stove and bought the Summer Heat (Englander 30) from Lowes. I bought the Century Hearth last week for 299.00 and had it ready to go to drive up to my Dad's cabin today. But..... After talking to him today he convinced me to look up some more reviews by you guys on Hearth.com. Well naturally I took another hour or so and did the research. After looking at all the info from such good members as "Caz" for his Century Hearth and then reading the all the good stuff about the customer service for the Summers Heat and also the happiness from members with that stove I realized I had a big decision to make.

I called the last Lowes "near" me to see if they had one and immediately the salesman said no. But then he hesitated and said "Well let me check we have one wood stove left let me see what it is" He said to me "Sir are you talking about the 2,200 sq ft stove by Summer Heat?" I said yes and what can I do for you to hold it for me for 2 hours, plus I need you to take back my Century that has not been opened. He said I am here until 9 pm so you have it saved until I go home.

So I took my Dad for a drive to Springville, NY in after driving well over an hour in the snow I was it was there, the last Summers Heat in perfect condition. So I swapped and I am extremely happy. I think I would have been happy with the Century too but I feel like I made a better decision for my father that wanted the bigger firebox.

I am happy with all of the options with this stove and the manual is a real manual (unlike the Century 2 pager....)

This was a tough decision to make, it is like picking brunettes over blonds....both ways you can win it is just what "flavor" you like I guess.

I thank everyone for their input on previous Century and England topics, this helped me a lot as I consider myself somewhat of an expert on Pacific Energy, Avavalon, or Quadra-fire but not on the Century or Englander.

I will send pics sometime soon as now I need to find help with this 455 lb beast in getting it in my Dads cabin. At least after I get it in the cabin it is just a matter of swapping stoves inside. We currently have an old airtight with no glass doors...Not very relaxing and no over night burn....cold.....

I'd go with the brunette...lol I got me one and she's a beauty! lol :)

But anyway....enjoy the stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.