well, I'll never break my door glass again...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How did you do this to your stove?

Twenty five years ago I was in a stove shop when the owner picked up a phone call. When he got off the phone he laughed and said it was a very young voice asking how much a stove glass would be and could it be installed before six that evening. ;lol

For the right amount of $$ I'm sure it could be installed before 6 that evening. Unfortunately, people with very young voices probably don't have the cash to make that happen.

Have you checked the local glass shops? They might have suitable glass at easier to swallow prices. I was able to pick a small piece up for my old Federal at the local glass shop.

Matt

How did you do this to your stove?
I'm guessing a split was touching the glass, he tried to latch the door thinking the split had room to move back, and it did not have the room. :(
I wish a $118 mistake was the most expensive one I ever made. ;lol

Reactions: bag of hammers
I'm guessing a split was touching the glass, he tried to latch the door thinking the split had room to move back, and it did not have the room. :(
I wish a $118 mistake was the most expensive one I ever made. ;lol

+1

Nice Sept day + brush saw + small rock + patio door glass = $500 . Latest in my never ending series of stupid human tricks...

Wife knows the look on my face. I walk into the room and she says "OK. How much this time?"

Reactions: bag of hammers
Status
Not open for further replies.